• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Second Edition - A Primer for the Mathematics of Financial Engineering

For a limited time, a 15% discount off the list price is offered when the Primer and its Solutions Manual (Second Editions) are purchased together from this page at FE Press.

Hello guys i'm currently in india and i wanted to enquire if i can get the book shipped to india and how long does it take for the book to get shipped to india once i place the order ?
P.S. i am joining the MAFN program offered by columbia and i'd be leaving to the US on 18th of august, so it would be great if could get the book by the end of this month :)

Hello,

Since this thread seems to be dedicated to the book, I figured I could post my question here.

What is the average time for the book to be delivered after placing the order ? I ordered the book (and the solution manual) on Sept 28th, and have no word so far from FEPress whether the book has been shipped out yet or not, or when will it be shipped out.

I'm hoping to get the book soon, so that I can read up on a few chapters before I begin the Pre-MFE course starting 2nd November.

Thanks,
Sudeep.

Dr. Stefanica, quick update - I got the books today. Thank you so much. It was a pleasant surprise to see them personally autographed by you.

Looking fwd to the Advanced Calculus seminar.

Hi Dr Stefanica,

what according to you would be the pre-requisites for this book?

As someone who read the book the pre-requisites are:
At least one course in:
  • calculus
  • probability
  • programming with C++

Hi Dr Stefanica,

what according to you would be the pre-requisites for this book?

You need to have taken one semester of calculus before reading the book.

Probability or C++ are not needed. Any programming language will do for coding the pseudocodes and solving the exercises and a minimum of probability topics are presented in the book.

I think I'll probably pick this book up in the spring once I have more time to sit down and work through it. This semester is killing me so far, no free time at all.

Got mine signed and in no time. Thank you, Prof. Stefanica!

Thank you very much, Prof. Stefanica!

Its been 5 days, since I have ordered the books [23rd Jan] along with the solution manual.
I have also sent emails to FEPress regarding the status of the order, but I guess nobody seems to be responding to any of the emails.
Can you please ask someone to atleast respond to the emails or kindly let me know the status.

dstefan: I am interested in purchasing the forthcoming books mentioned on the first page of your Primer - regarding probability, linear algebra, and differential equations. Could you provide any update as to when these will be avaialable for purchase? Thanks.

Mike - I expect the Numerical Linear Algebra book to appear in late 2013. The rest of the books will take even longer... Hopefully the wait will be worth it.

Back