• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

The Internet Explorer 6 Countdown

"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." A quote from any random web developer over the past ten years? Nope, that's from Microsoft itself, and it's featured on the Internet Explorer 6 Countdown site that the company just launched today. As you can see above, the site also includes statistics on IE6 use around the world (China is apparently the biggest offender by a wide margin), as well as information about how you can "join the cause" and educate others about the perils of using such a horrible, outdated web browser.

Please do us all a favor and get rid of IE6. Get a new browser (Firefox, Chrome) or at least upgrade to IE9

http://www.ie6countdown.com/

ie6-countdown-03-04-2011.jpg

Well, the official supported internet browser in the company I work for is IE6 and it's against policy to have another browser.

Well, the official supported internet browser in the company I work for is IE6 and it's against policy to have another browser.
You are accounted for the remaining <5% of traffic to QN using IE6. Can you ask the IT guys what's their plan about that?
But it's probably irrelevant to you in a few months.

I don't even have access to QN from my office.

IE6 is still very common in banks, they have standard, locked down builds.

The way to understand this is that if you take the top 10 guys in IT in pretty much every bank, 8 will have never worked in an IT department in his life actually doing an IT job. That means 8 out of 10 have never programmed, managed a datbase, swapped out a dead network card and could not tell you the difference between C# and F#.

Back