• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

The New iPad

I will probably get one, maybe the 64gig model. I wish Apple would increase the storage but they are probably saving that for next year's upgrade.

I put a lot of PDFs (magazines, books, etc, probably 30+ gig and growing). Plus tons of apps. I don't put any movies since I stream everything, and a few songs.

Amazon's Gold Box today is a stand w/ keyboard that looks pretty functional. I pulled the trigger on one for my iPad 2. Probably not going to upgrade to the new iPad. The one I have now is working great for me and I don't feel the need to drop a couple hundred bucks for a better screen.

of course not. You know I pre-ordered mine.
You just ordered yours 'cause of your Apple options :ROFLMAO:

You know that your portfolio is basically earning .001 cents on your purchase. Not the best investment...

Any idea why they didn't name it the iPad 3?

They should have at least called it the... wait for it....

1. iPad
  2. iPad 2
  3. iPad NEW
:D

Staring into digital displays is never good for you. Can't wait until PC displays have color eInk so I can work my Excel spreadsheets for hours without getting headaches.
I should agree with you. However, I have been staring at displays for long periods of time since age 7. So far no headaches... except when looking at Excel spreadsheets .

Got one this morning at Bestbuys surprisingly easy. No need to pre-order or wait in line the night before. Just walked into the store when it opens, get a number and pay. They have hundreds in stock.
So, what's your evaluation?

What are the worthy or must-have accessories to order with the iPad? The cover?
Maybe third-party accessories are better to buy from?

Personally, I have a third party case because I wanted something that actually protected the whole ipad and not just the screen. I got a leather "notebook" style case that has a flap over the cover that folds back all the way or can be used as a stand. It ads a drop of bulk to the ipad but that doesn't bother me much.

Guys, check out Onlive desktop. I have been playing with it this week and it is nice. If you pay $4.99/month, you can even use dropbox and surf with IE (for flash!).

Agreed. It's very useful for ms office as well (especially since they come free).
ms office for free? this is a lawsuit waiting to happen unless they have some sort of agreement with Microsoft.

Edit: this is already happening. Microsoft says Onlive violates Microsoft licenses. It is all over the internet.

Back