I'm currently applying to masters in finance programs, with MIT, Princeton, and NYU, CMU, Columbia, as my top choices. I wanted to know if my chances are decent:
- GRE: 169 quant/168 verbal/6 writing
- 3.8 GPA from a top school (think Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford) but degree was in the humanities.
- Worked at a top hedge fund for 1 year straight out of school. Left to take a few courses in math at good universities (e.g. linear algebra, probability, etc) to get ready for the masters in finance/be qualified. Expect to get either three As or 2 As and a B+.
- Strong recommendations from a pure math professor and a econ professor in high level courses where I did very well (just didn't take many of that sort) attesting to my quantitative strength.
- Otherwise, very strong extracurricular accomplishments from undergrad (national/global recognition) but also humanities adjacent.