• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Chicago MSFM Uchicago MSFM 2024

Still anxiously waiting for an interview invite. Hopefully there is still a chance.

Just heard back from Uchicago:

At this time, your application is under review by our Admissions Committee as a part of Round 1. The Admissions Committee expects to have decisions to all Round 1 applicants by the end of March.

At this time, your application is under review by our Admissions Committee as a part of Round 1. The Admissions Committee expects to have decisions to all Round 1 applicants by the end of March.
I received the same email. My application status has not changed though, it stills shows as "submitted". I’m not sure if that’s positive, neutral or if it was just an automatic email sent to everyone that hasn’t been accepted yet ?

Last edited:
I received the same email as well. I think all round 1 applicants who do not have their decisions yet receive this email. No implications from my perspective.

It's like the NYU Tandon's email saying your application is still under view, but for NYU MFE, they stopped releasing decisions on a weekly basis. Not sure if the same will happen to UChicago.

i also got the same email

Got the same email. Looking through the thread for last year, I'm a bit surprised as last year's email had a fixed date (March 10) but this year's email only has a vague deadline (end of March).

I received the same email as well. I think all round 1 applicants who do not have their decisions yet receive this email. No implications from my perspective.

It's like the NYU Tandon's email saying your application is still under view, but for NYU MFE, they stopped releasing decisions on a weekly basis. Not sure if the same will happen to UChicago.
I am also a round 1 applicant, but I have not received this email yet…

Got the same email. My theory is that many anxious applicants have emailed them for a status update. And so they are sending out this blanket email in hopes of stopping future questions.

The gloomier interpretation is that we have all been waitlisted lol.

I thought I saw that you got an offer from UChicago already? No?

Back