• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE UW CFRM vs UCLA MFE

UW CFRM vs UCLA MFE

• UW CFRM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UCLA MFE

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters
So I have accepted UW CFRM program before, got everything I need, and am waiting for school to start. I was also placed into UCLA MFE's waitlist and got an email asking for my interest in attending this fall. I am wondering what are the pros/cons comparing these two programs?
I have done some research and got an impression that cfrm is more towards risk with more hard skill course set, and ucla mfe is more towards finance/business. If I want to go for trading after I graduate, which program would be better?
If UCLA were to offer me a position, and should I choose to accept it, I will have to go through visa applications all over again lol.

Background information about myself:
International Student;
Bachelor: U of Michigan Computer Science and Data Science double major, math minor;
Work: 1.5 years in Financial Data company as Quant investment software product manager, 0.5 year in Private Equity as Assistant Investment Analyst;

Would love to hear some honest advice, not just related to program selection, but also career development, work-life balance, etc.

hi sorry if my question if unrelated, but it seems that you already in quant industry already, what is the purpose for going back to school

^ Masters will not help you get into trading and you already went to UMich, a well regarded school and a quantitative discipline. If you want to go into trading you just need to apply and pass interviews.

hi sorry if my question if unrelated, but it seems that you already in quant industry already, what is the purpose for going back to school
my first job experience is more of a product manager for a software that provides people a platform to back test and simulate their strats so I consider it a more tech related experience? Second one is more vc/pe related and there isn't much on stocks and derivatives, etc.

Back