• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What are the chances of a non-EU candidate to get an entry-level quant job or intern in London?

ATB

Hi all,
I am a non-EU national with a PhD in mathematical physics from an Irish university. Do you know whether the companies in London would bother to be a sponsor for non-EU candidates to get their Tier2 visa for their first quant job or intern?
many thanks..

Thanks very much for your reply,
I understand that it depends on how well you perform in the interviews then right?
Could you please compare the London with the other major finance cities like NY, Chicago, Hong Kong etc.. on the same issue.
many thanks..

Thanks very much for your reply,
I understand that it depends on how well you perform in the interviews then right?

Not only on interviews, they of course prefer to find someone in their area and save time and money rather than sponsor working visas for foreigners unless you are offering far better qualification, experience and educational background which is hard to achieve especially in this(quant) competitive field.

Yeah i think for a non-EU candidate without any experience and work permit its hard to land such jobs given the recent reforms and restrictions in terms of employing overseas labor.Its not as easy as it used to be from what i have experienced as these days almost all jobs come with perquisite of having a work permit whether in US or EU.Also you should try looking for jobs in other parts of Europe not just in London where the market is more competitive.

Back