• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What are you listening to now ?

Share you fav music list, Quantnet citizens. I'm trying to sample some new music.
Right now, on my iPod, I'm listening to
  • Vertical Horizon (Best I ever Had is one of their good track)
  • Maroon 5
  • Convicted - Akon
  • Fergie
  • Rihanna
  • Nelly Furtodo

Maroon 5 rocks :)

I bought tickets to their concert on October 10th at Madison Square Garder...

Share you fav music list, Quantnet citizens.

Quiet day at home ahead of Linear Algebra refresher. Oceansize, Throwing Muses, Interpol, The Clash, Smashing Pumpkins, Arcade Fire. Neko Case for cooldown before bedtime. [Sorry you asked yet?]

My claim to music-related semi-fame is that I heard the world premiere radio broadcast of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" on KCMU in Seattle. My musical journey since then has been trying to locate similarly reliable rock catharsis. Best contender yet - Source Tags and Codes, by the Trail of Dead. Sadly they lost the plot completely after that release.

reading these posts, i was thinking - yet another reason for a quntnet ftp server :-k

Share you fav music list, Quantnet citizens. I'm trying to sample some new music.
Right now, on my iPod, I'm listening to
  • Vertical Horizon (Best I ever Had is one of their good track)
  • Maroon 5
  • Convicted - Akon
  • Fergie
  • Rihanna
  • Nelly Furtodo

Matrix Revolutions OST - Cant get enough Narvas :)
Mavado - Gangsta for Life
T-Pain - Bartender

Corrine Bailey Rae - Corrine Bailey Rae
2Pac - All Eyez On ME
Papoose - "A Threat and a promise"
Clementine - "Greatest hits"
Claude Challe - "Buddah Bar"
JapanesePodCast101 :D

Funny you should ask.

Last night after class I went and saw Steve Lukather at BB Kings.

Amazing.

Sunday night I saw Larry Carlton at the Blue Note.

I should delete this because I realize nobody will have a clue who these guys are...

• SEEED
  • Herbert Groenemeyer
  • Juli
  • Nelly Furtado
  • Rihanna
  • Johnny Cash
  • Katie Melua

• Thievery Corporation
  • Minus the Bear
  • Michael Buble
  • Jamiroquai
  • Zero 7
  • Tool
  • a collection of some good House music (e.g Calabria, David Guetta)

as an aside, I noticed that as I submitted that last post, the inclusion of the urls caused the php curl library to throw up errors... is this a known issue?

If I Had To Agree With Someone Listed On Musical Taste

lol, Kenny G would fare well in my neighborhood of easy listening for starters...

Other than that, I listen to;

1. Michael W. Smith
2. Hillsong
3. Hebrew Music
4. Jason Upton "Jacob's Dream"

Check out "Jacob's Dream" if you're adventurous... Considering that Jacob played a major role in the world of Derivatives and FE, one should consider exploring the adventure. You Tube has the ticket.

Back