• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What features would you like to see on Quantnet ?

Actually, it was my fault that it displayed the mobile version to everyone last night (it's not the computer, it's the person in front of one ;) ). It even showed me the mobile version on my laptop :)
I hope everyone is served the correct version now. The way the detection works is to read the user agent of the browser and decide which version to display. You can see how it worked with my posts last night where it displayed
Wireless posted (user agent string)

I like the new latest post box, but would it be possible to switch the top posters and latest post locations to how it used to be?

Is it possible to add a delay, of say 5 seconds, to the info box that pops up when hovering over the links in the latests posts box?

I'll settle for 2 seconds :D

It's just a personal preference, I like being able to see all the links at once without having to keep my mouse off to the side. It makes for quick clicking. Otherwise, I have to move my mouse all the way off to the side, read the links, then decide which one I want to click on then finally move my mouse all the way back to actually click on the link. It's so much work. :D

Is it possible to add a delay, of say 5 seconds, to the info box that pops up when hovering over the links in the latests posts box?

I agree - the box is extremely annoying. It reminds me of the search box that comes up when you highlight something on the New York Times website -- I use adblock to keep that thing out of my life.

Yeah, that new "latest posts" panel looks like a beta version. The standard one is much better.

Why was the "unread posts" count removed from the top right corner? I used to find it very convenient.

For one reason only: server load.
We are basically evaluating bloated features that may cause heavy load on our server. As Peter pointed out, there are more than 2 ways to see posts you haven't read: New Posts link on the navigation bar, latest thread windows, and the mentioned Unread posts count. The latter two are ones that cause lot of server spike.

We just moved to a new server with a faster cpu, double memory, double bandwidth and space so I'm going to monitor the server for a few weeks and then decide which features would best serve our members ;)

twitter feed

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 15 characters.
fail

Since the last time I posted on this thread, we have released many features that are well received
1. Application Tracker: we currently have over 100 cases
2. A new site redesign
3. A Program Selector which is being added, updated daily
4. Program reviews: two dozens programs reviewed so far and growing.

And it's just the already visible part of what we plan to launch in 2010. There are more to come.

As always, we are open to any idea to make Quant Network better, however crazy or impossible.

And if we are doing great by you, we would love to hear it. Send us a testimonial or a compliment!

I think it would be nice and helpful to have a 'market snapshot' somewhere on the page. It doesn't have to be anything too fancy or detalied - the current levels of the major indices, some of the rates, oil/gold, etc would suffice.

Indeed, a very good idea - could appear both on the front page and on the forum front page.

The Forum takes a long time to load on my computer recently. It cant be my PC because all other websites are fine.
Am i the only one with this issue

Back