• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What features would you like to see on Quantnet ?

Woah...is that an option? ABSOLUTELY!

Wow, I'm gonna get a dream job AND an order of fries. This place delivers.

Awesome Andy! Time to stop working and start doing brainteasers ;)

I would like to see the option of displaying more threads/posts on one page, say 25, 30 ... don't know if it's possible in this system, though.
Also, today I received an email to update my Columbia MSFE application and that it hasn't been updated for 37 days, I guess it's some bug in the system.

Maybe it's just me but I would at least like to have the option to see 100+ posts on one page...

@roni
Can you send me the body of that email?

The post per page option is system-wide and the optimal is at 20 posts/page so you don't have to scroll up/down too much. The system also makes use of a "thread marking" so clicking on a thread title will take you to the first unread post on that thread.
"
Dear roni,
According to your records, your Columbia MFE application is still pending. It's been 37 days since you last updated your case status on Quantnet Application Tracker.
Keeping your information updated on the Tracker is essential because it helps other members track their application status more accurately.
If you DON'T have any updates to report, please click the following link to verify the accuracy on your case:
http://www.quantnet.com/forum/tracker/columbia-mfe.263/detail
If you DO HAVE updates to report, click the following link and edit your case:
http://www.quantnet.com/forum/tracker/columbia-mfe.263/update
You will need to login before you can update your case information.
Sincere,
Quantnet - Community for Quants"

Often the most interesting posts are those with the most replies. Can you put that next to each item on the Forum?

As I remember it was there after the software was launched. I actually would prefer views to posts, but it seems there was no place to put it conveniently and that's why it has been removed.

Here's Andy's post about this:
I added the Forum name to after the thread title. Looks like we have to do some adjusting to fit these much info into the box. Maybe remove the views count and only keep the replies count.

Back