• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What phone do you have?

iPhone 3GS ... looking to switch to Samsung Galaxy S II. If Samsung and which ever carrier they plan to use don't get their act together by September then I'll move on to iPhone 5

So any ideas when the Galaxy S 2 is coming to the States :)? I have heard stories about August but nothing sure so far?

Same here ;)
What case do you have?

I use the Body Glove. The case is so hard to take off that stealing your phone and replacing the SIM card would be a bigger hassle than buying your own. Also, the case is a hard plastic not gel. I believe due to the smooth of the plastic on impacts it will deflect more than the gel case which could grip the ground on impact and not slide so vibrations will travel through the phone.

I don't know about Swype but FlexT9 will beat any real keyboard.
Agreed with regards to sheer speed. However, coding with T9 or Swype is a real pain. Additionally, sometimes one might want to text without looking... you really need a QWERTY for that. I'm a QWERTY fan.

Has anyone tried 8pen? It's a free app you can download in the Android marketplace, but it's basically an entirely new keyboard that was developed from the ground up for use on a mobile device with a small touchscreen (not a qwerty that is simply refitted). It takes some getting used to, but once you put in the time, it's basically T9 for a touchscreen.

Agreed with regards to sheer speed. However, coding with T9 or Swype is a real pain. Additionally, sometimes one might want to text without looking... you really need a QWERTY for that. I'm a QWERTY fan.

FlexT9 has script mode, I can write with my finger without looking.

When it works.... mine crashed at least once a day.

I think the gingerbread keyboard is perfect.
Really? The paid version? I've never had a problem with my HTC.

Yea I got it when it was the free app on Amazon as I'm sure most other people did too. It worked fine for a few weeks and then would start crashing. Fairly nice when it worked although I did dislike how I would frequently mishit and end up on the sketch pad.

Ordered a Samsung Galaxy Gio yesterday. 150 euro unlocked. It's the best affordable Android phone I could find.

I have a BB 8530 but I am waiting for the new iphone 5. If it is a complete change from iphone 4 then I might pick it up otherwise I am going for the Droid Bionic on verizon.

Back