• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Which GRE scores to send

Hi, I just took my GRE today and about 3 weeks ago.

First scores Q: 167 and V: 155
Second scores Q: 168 and V: 150.

I tried getting a perfect quant score on my second try but did much worse on the verbal. I'm a US citizen and majored in math at a US school. I'm applying to all the top programs that are still open (CMU, Columbia, NYU, Chicago, etc.) My question is should I send both scores? Is the 150 negligible given I'm a US citizen? Thank you.

Last edited:
If I were you, I would send the first ones. Its just one point in math vs 5 points in Verbal (+ you're a US citizen)

I don't think anyone cares about the verbal. I got a perfect score on verbal, and asked two admissions folks at two top schools if that would make up for my less than perfect quant scores. Both laughed.

I don't think anyone cares about the verbal. I got a perfect score on verbal, and asked two admissions folks at two top schools if that would make up for my less than perfect quant scores. Both laughed.
I also received chuckles when I asked about the verbal score

Do you mind sharing which school said that? I'm roaming through quantnet and feels like some schools value a higher gre score and some just care about quant

I might be wrong, but isn't being a us citizen and yet getting 150 on verbal obviously a red flag? On the other hand, I don't think there's much difference between 167 and 168 on quant.

Back