• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Wish list for QuantNet 2023 and beyond

I have some idea but need a way to implement them so I can build and scale it quickly. There aren't many great rankings around, are they?
There aren't a whole lot that I know of.

But the idea is good. Right now that page is very self-contained. And even if visitors click on the links to the programs reviews they are not exposed to any other parts of the website. Opening that up to organically flow into other areas is a good idea.

However, I do really like the look (and prominence on the toolbar up top) of the current rankings. Good luck figuring out how to balance/improve it. If I see any webpage designs I think could be helpful to look at I'll send them your way.

I have some idea but need a way to implement them so I can build and scale it quickly. There aren't many great rankings around, are they?
I think at the least the Table header should locked when scrolling. Right now, the header and the school rankings scroll. It should just be the schools that scroll so I always know what the columns mean.

I am thinking of a new layout for our popular ranking page to encourage people to explore more and hang around a bit longer.
Would it be possible to include a column for the average undergraduate GPA of the most recent incoming class for each program? Since it is anyways being used to calculate the rankings

Would it be possible to include a column for the average undergraduate GPA of the most recent incoming class for each program? Since it is anyways being used to calculate the rankings
Certainly possible when we revamp the layout a bit. Right now, it's a lot of data stretching the table width and I think there is better way to represent the data.

One feature that I would definitely like to see augmented is the social media aspect of QN.

I don't know if I'm alone on this, but what I usually do is that for really serious stuff (Books, Quant roles, interview questions, etc.) I use QN, but for more "chill" topics --like reading a post about a summer Intern complaining about GS and quitting after 1 HOUR of Interning-- I go to Wall Street Oasis.

So maybe do a subtle visual revamp and incentivize more day-to-day Quant posts?

Last edited:
So I am wrapped up with the Advanced course (other than the final project) and wanted to check in on this. Is this course still in the works or not something that’s going to happen any time soon?
Not that I know of, but maybe someone is thinking about it..

What is needed?

1. People to do the actual work.
2. Feasability study.
3. Budget.
4. Project plan.

etc.

Last edited:
Not that I know of, but maybe someone is thinking about it..

What is needed?

1. People to do the actual work.
2. Feasability study.
3. Budget.
4. Project plan.

etc.
Thanks for the update.

In that case, does anyone happen to know of a course or certificate program outside of Quantnet for this?

For reference, I don't the CQF really cuts it here. They really are for a different purpose as their algorithmic trading material is an add-on elective Whereas I am looking for a specific focus on algo trading.

I wonder if we can have more advanced courses in terms of modelling.
Expect the course to focus on very classic models, such as Local Vol, Stochastic Vol, classic Short Rate models, Libor Market Model etc.
Walking through the theory, and implementation in code, and some important details in practice like Calibration.
And talks about their advantages and limitations.

I know many books have covered a lot of this topics. But in terms of the actual implementation in code, I don't see many materials about that yet. (That's why I love Prof. Duffy's course and books, which contain code!)
One example is currently I am studying the Libor Market Model. Although many books described talks a lot about this model, there are not many solid implementations online for its calibration and pricing.

I wonder if we can have more advanced courses in terms of modelling.
Expect the course to focus on very classic models, such as Local Vol, Stochastic Vol, classic Short Rate models, Libor Market Model etc.
Walking through the theory, and implementation in code, and some important details in practice like Calibration.
And talks about their advantages and limitations.

I know many books have covered a lot of this topics. But in terms of the actual implementation in code, I don't see many materials about that yet. (That's why I love Prof. Duffy's course and books, which contain code!)
One example is currently I am studying the Libor Market Model. Although many books described talks a lot about this model, there are not many solid implementations online for its calibration and pricing.
Another thing I notice in pretty much every other finance oriented course is done Python so the instructors can simply have you delegate everything to some Python package versus actually teaching you the real way in C++.

I use both Python and C++, at different times, for different requirements.

C++ is a real skill to have. Just saying.

Plan B: don't wait for someone, you can write your own code; it takes time, that's all.

Last edited:
I use both Python and C++, at different times, for different requirements.

C++ is a real skill to have. Just saying.

Plan B: don't wait for someone, you can write your own code; it takes time, that's all.
Sure it takes time and I’d be happy to spend it that way. But sometimes you need to learn from experts who have been there and done that.

It's truly remarkable to see how QuantNet has grown into a significant hub for students aspiring for a career in quantitative finance. The collaborative efforts of the community and the valuable resources available on QuantNet have undoubtedly made a substantial impact on students' program research and admissions decisions.

If anyone is open to collaborate with me in gathering data, building some comprehensive data for MFE programs, please reach out. We need more help in this front to make QuantNet a huge clearinghouse for everything about graduate quant programs.
You can choose to help with one program or more if desired. You can help us track and build a histogram of how a program's ranking has moved up or down the past 10 years. You can help us track and build graph about a program's application or employment numbers last 10 years.
If you can lend a hand, it would be much appreciated. Please reach out to me.

Back