• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2008 Interactive Brokers Collegiate Trading Olympiad

Thank you all. I didn't trade that many days this time around. My strategy was not design to do a lot of trading but to make big bets on corrections and it work great. I also took care of implementing a good order management so my orders were sliced in chunks before they went out to get good fills.

I'm happy in the sense that I made 50%+ return but I wished I had more time. Thanks again!!!

Hopefully somebody else will jump at it next year!!!

Congratulation, Alain! I am really happy for you, you made tremendous return. I wish your result be two points higher.
The marginal experience of our students in financial modeling and trading is increasing and I hope our students will have even better results next year.

Congratulations, Alain!!! You should have been given extra credit for special circumstances! (The Stochastic Processes class, of course :))

Trading is one of the few endevors where more effort, time, or additional trades does not guarantee a better outcome!! The 50% return is great and the fact the you executed a successful trading strategy will help you for the rest of your investing life!

May the pullback within the trend be your friend always!! GUS

Many congratulations to Alain for his remarkable achievement !

For noephytes like us, can we get to know a bit more about the this trading olympiad.We do know little about it that one is expected to develop a trading strategy and expect good returns.But that is all we (atleast I) know.Please do tell us about the structure of this olympiad.What is the platform that is used(I am sure it is C++)? What is expeceted of the participant? How much time is given for the development efforts? So on and so forth.

Trust me this will enable us savour your success even more !

Many congratulations to Alain for his remarkable achievement !

For noephytes like us, can we get to know a bit more about the this trading olympiad.We do know little about it that one is expected to develop a trading strategy and expect good returns.But that is all we (atleast I) know.Please do tell us about the structure of this olympiad.What is the platform that is used(I am sure it is C++)? What is expeceted of the participant? How much time is given for the development efforts? So on and so forth.

Trust me this will enable us savour your success even more !

Read this thread from the beginning and do a search for IB olympiad in this forum. You will find everything. Go to this site as well

http://http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/general/education/IBTradingOlympiad.php

I was just wondering if anyone has received their checks yet from IB.

not yet. I heard it takes some time. did you place this year? How did you do?

The check from IB last year was dated April 23, so you should be receiving the money any day.

Spend it quickly and help out the economy!!

Back