• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2011 Advanced Risk Portfolio Management (ARPM) Bootcamp by Attilio Meucci

Note: Quantnet members qualify for a partner rate ($1,200)

Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management Bootcamp
August 15–20, 2011, New York​

- More information: http://symmys.com/arpm-bootcamp

Audience
- Finance professionals with quantitative background (portfolio managers, risk managers, traders, financial engineers, quantitative analysts, research teams)
- Academics and students from a quantitative field

Instructor
Attilio Meucci, PhD, CFA. Chief Risk Officer at Kepos Capital LP. Author - Risk and Asset Allocation - Springer. Regular contributor to publications, including Risk Magazine and GARP Risk Professional Magazine

Certifications
  • 40 credits - CFA Institute Continue Education Program
  • 40 credits - GARP Continuing Professional Educational Program
  • 3 academic credits - Baruch College, Master's in Financial Engineering Program (for enrolled MFE students)
  • Certificate in Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management (upon completion of an optional examination)
Networking
Mingle with like-minded people; meet our guests speakers Rob Almgren, Peter Carr, Emanuel Derman, Bruno Dupire, Bob Litterman, Fabio Mercurio; network with our coporate partners Sebastian Ceria - Axioma, Mark Carhart - Kepos Capital LP, Dan diBartolomeo - Northfield

Cost
$850 (Academic/Student); $1,200 (Partner), $1,550 (Professional)
Quantnet members qualify for a partner rate ($1,200) (on registration page, select partner rate, and enter code "QN Code 2344" on the comment box).

More than 200. Only a dozen at most will be Baruch students.

I hold a Masters degree in mathematics and satisfy the minimum requirements to take the certification. However, I am a new entrant into the quants career field. Would the ARPM certification be good for a person at my level?

I hold a Masters degree in mathematics and satisfy the minimum requirements to take the certification. However, I am a new entrant into the quants career field. Would the ARPM certification be good for a person at my level?
Holy necro! This must be a new record!

Holy necro! This must be a new record!
Why friend? I assume that
  • Someone on this thread has attended the ARPM and may then have a good balanced opinion.
  • If no one here has an answer that can enlighten me, someone on the net may...
  • I suppose that this thread will be around for a long while (already 7years and counting) a good answer to my genuine question may help someone just as it would help me.
Thanks...

Last edited:
Back