• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2013-2014 QuantNet Ranking of Financial Engineering (MFE) Programs

Hey, does anybody have information about Hofstra MS in Quantitative Finance and NJIT MS in Mathematical and Computational Finance? Hardly any info of them except on their university web pages!
Thanks

Oh sorry.. never mind. I thought Baruch is so high on the ranking because of their low tuition.. Then, I have no idea why Baruch is so high. I don't hear the reputation of their alumni in the industry.
Baruch is very high on JPM. I don't know what you mean by alumni in the industry.

Oh sorry.. never mind. I thought Baruch is so high on the ranking because of their low tuition.. Then, I have no idea why Baruch is so high. I don't hear the reputation of their alumni in the industry.
Well first you need to know this site is very popular for ppl who want to study FE programs. But the administration or founder of the site graduated from Baruch program. It is probably ranked higher than it should. But ppl may not know that and thus lots of strong international students come to Baruch. They have high gpa and gre scores. In addition the director of Baruch program is very dedicated to find jobs for students. So now I think its current rank is reasonable. If you want to find notable alumni in finance it is probably not easy as the overall brand name of Baruch is not that great.

Andy,

Is it possible to publish the statistics (placement rate, starting salaries, etc) used to compute the ranking scores?

Back