• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Acceptance Rates for MFE programs

It will come in due time.

Not from their website obviously. My number comes from several sources familiar with the program.
Could u pls come up with separate figs for all three - MAFN, MFE and MSOR. Thank you

One observation among major programs we surveyed this year is that every program is having a record-setting number except UC Berkeley MFE program whose highest number of 474 came in 2008. Nonetheless, they have a 21% jump from last year.

I did attend their Info sessions and they asked me bout my undergrad inst. well am not fm IIT. so they told me that it is not impossible but if u cud climb Mt Everest or get into the Olympics team i might have a chance still. I found that, to climb Mt.Everest(at present to get into Indian Olympics I need to have shit load of money which i dont have) it will take atleast 3 years of prep. I didnt apply there..!! :) :P [ I find it very funny thats why i am posting it here. No Offense pls. I do have a lot of respect for UCB :) ]

good point. just asked, 36 offers / 740 applications --> 5% acceptance rate
29 matriculations / 36 offers --> 81% yield

In my university, one guy is going to Princeton and at least 3 others had an offer and refused it. Even though it can be right, the 81% yield looks abnormally high to my opinion.

One is going to Stanford, the two others are going to Ecole des Mines de Paris on a very selective program only the 16-18 best ranked students (over 400) can attend.

In my university, one guy is going to Princeton and at least 3 others had an offer and refused it. Even though it can be right, the 81% yield looks abnormally high to my opinion.

i mean.. this is the third year in a row the yield has been 80%, so unless you really think princeton is lying then it's not "abnormally high"

i mean.. this is the third year in a row the yield has been 80%, so unless you really think princeton is lying then it's not "abnormally high"
By the way the "at least 3 others" turns out to be 4 guys in my university who declined Princeton's offer. I'm not saying they're lying. It simply looks weird to me that among the 7 who got accepted but didn't go, I know 4...

By the way the "at least 3 others" turns out to be 4 guys in my university who declined Princeton's offer. I'm not saying they're lying. It simply looks weird to me that among the 7 who got accepted but didn't go, I know 4...

You are in a school in which you have different possibilities, so I understand if the acceptance rate of Princeton is low in Polytechnique (you know you have Corps des Mines, French love NY so sometimes they prefer nyu or columbia or sometimes they love Stanford, so the choice may be more difficult to make than other students)...

Does anyone know what the "second-tier" schools' acceptance rates are? A majority of this thread has been the top programs, but I was just wondering what the second-tier schools were? To avoid argument, you can define "second-tier" however you like.

Fordham 2011 MSQF Selectivity?

Fordham’s MSQF reports 650-700 applications this year for 35-40 selected applicants who are then required to clear the required prerequisite Mathematics for Quantitative Finance course in summer. How would an applicant rank it based on selectivity of 5.38% to 5.71% using above reported data?

Just like Princeton and MIT MS Finance programs, it does have some financial modeling focused accounting and economics courses besides required C++ course unlike them. The curriculum seems ambitious given its coverage over one year (listed below) and is likely relevant to those who probably want MSQF's greater focus on quantitative finance compared with MS Finance programs such as MIT and Princeton:

Fall Term – Module I
Financial Modeling
Applied Micro-Economics
Global Financial Markets
Basics of Derivatives
Introduction to Stochastic Calculus
C++ for Quantitative Finance (3 credits - full Fall Term)

Fall Term – Module II
Financial Statement Analysis
Finance Theory I
Statistical Inference
Equity Style Derivatives
Simulation Applications

Spring Term – Module I
Fixed Income Securities
Equity Portfolio Management
Financial Econometrics
Interest Rate Derivatives
Risk Management
Verbal & Written Communications (3 credits - full Spring Term)

Spring Term - Module II
Fixed Income Portfolio Management
Finance Theory II
Large-scale Data Modeling
Credit Risk Management
Applied Global Macro-Economics

http://www.bnet.fordham.edu/academics/ms_programs/ms_quantitative_finance/program_details/index.asp

http://www.bnet.fordham.edu/academics/ms_programs/ms_quantitative_finance/who_should_apply/index.asp

Back