• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

advice regarding PRM

hi everyone

had my GRE today (under bad circumstances) and could only manage 1330 (Verbal - 530 , Quant - 800 ) , Now am equally worried whether this score is enough and should I go ahead and apply to tier 1 MFE programs . I really cant risk taking up a course in other MFE programs with the US economy fearing another recession.
I read that verbal scores dont matter much , but if that had been the case , why would anybody take the trouble of studying it or even taking it ?
So, kindly advice regarding my scores and the path ahead. I would highly appreciate it .

Also, below is my profile in brief :

Completed Engineering this year in May from a reputed/avg college in India (Information Tech major )
did my summer internship from IIM Calcutta in 2009 ( 2 months )
worked as a sub broker dealing for clients in Indian markets (3 months )
working as a part time tech writer at a firm - involves analysis of stocks in NASDAQ, NYSE
would be joining TCS (Software programming job )full time within a month (awaiting joining )
apart from that did my Undergrad major project on Stock Market Analysis using ANN.
undergrad % age - 73 %

Thanks

Back