• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF Anyone still waiting for NYU MSMF?

Give them credits for giving results earlier and earlier each year. Every program has a record year and those with rolling admission see no delay. Look at Baruch MFE and Columbia MAFN. I see many cases in Tracker from Columbia MAFN with a turn around of less than 30 days. You can't really beat that.
@grimknight don't you start on that big toes.

@Andy Nguyen @Paul Mithouard Got an email today too. I think Im gonna resort to pulling my hair strand by strand. Toes will have to wait for next week. This little piggy applied to Baruch, this little piggy applied to Courant, this little piggy applied to Rutgers, and this little piggy applied for jobs......

Atleast I will be the applicant with the most well-manicured hands.

@Andy Nguyen @Paul Mithouard Got an email today too. I think Im gonna resort to pulling my hair strand by strand. Toes will have to wait for next week. This little piggy applied to Baruch, this little piggy applied to Courant, this little piggy applied to Rutgers, and this little piggy applied for jobs......

Atleast I will be the applicant with the most well-manicured hands.

Or the fingerless applicant

got the same e-mail yesterday as well.. kind of relieved as I'd given up hope. Anyone on this thread from Singapore?

I wrote them a mail quite long tym back, but no replies. I have to make the deposit at Columbia , should I write them a mail again?

@Moksha I doubt that it will help. They're swamped with record # of applications. But the longer the delay, the more dramatic the number of people getting decisions in the very near future. As @Andy Nguyen says, they are making a conscious effort to reduce the average time to make a decision from past years. This week and next I would say, at the latest you should hear something.

Congrats, Paul.
You owe me a beer. Seeing that you are marking NYU as Final Destination, it will give you plenty of chance to buy me a beer at a Quantnet meetup ;)

To others,
Let see if we have another rounds of admits going out today.

Thanks Andy,
It will be my pleasure! I also updated all my applications and wrote a small note for each one. hope it will help new comers
Good luck to you guys

I think they are having a hard time figuring out who to admit. There may be many candidate with similar profiles. In such a case it is hard to pick one over others.

Back