• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF Anyone still waiting for NYU MSMF?

Thank you, @mathcol
You broke the 900 mark and now we have less than 100 cases to go.
I'm moving my target date to end of May. Yippee!

By the way, I see the first Waitlist ever from NYU. This is an indication of how difficult it is for universities to estimate the yield and to manage their class size. It's actually more complicated than many people can appreciate.

If you have 1,000+ applicants, how do you get the best 30+ students to come. You sent out some admits, and try to gauge the level of excitement among them. Then you adjust your expectation and send out a new batch.

Or they can just monitor Quantnet and see for themselves ;)

I see that most of NYU courses are given from 5 to 7pm ; does that mean that you're not busy during the day and have most of the courses during the afternoon-late afternoon ?

@Andy- with the number of applications pouring in, looks like we are gonna touch the 1000 mark pretty soon..

Yes @Moksha
I already changed the target date to end of May to break that. Maybe we can celebrate that by sending the owner of 1000th case a Quantnet T-shirt ;)

Now with Columbia done, I believe the bulk of new cases will come from Baruch, NYU, CMU. I'm actually surprised MIT did not generate more case considering they have close to 1000 applications this year.

Yes @Moksha
I already changed the target date to end of May to break that. Maybe we can celebrate that by sending the owner of 1000th case a Quantnet T-shirt ;)

Now with Columbia done, I believe the bulk of new cases will come from Baruch, NYU, CMU. I'm actually surprised MIT did not generate more case considering they have close to 1000 applications this year.

Hi Andy!
What do you mean when you say "now with columbia done"? are they not accepting any more applicants?
I wanted to apply to Columbia as well next week.. have they filled up the spaces?
cheers!

Still pending...... I hope these universities realizes the quantum of stress they are putting in on applicants by releasing the results in batches.. ;)

it looks like NYU has taken out all admits..since waitlist is also out, is there are any chance of another round of admits, or are we waiting to get rejected??

Yep, When I asked on Friday, the answer was that results will be out next week and the week after...

Back