• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baseball season is up on us

Monday night Jon Lester pitched a no-hitter for Boston in Boston. This was the 18th no-hitter in Red Sox history and the first no-hitter by a Boston lefty since Mel Parnell did it in 1956. But this is not the amazing part.

20 months ago, Jon lester was diagnosed with anaplastic large cell lymphoma (cancer). He came back in the middle of last year and ended up pitching the fourth and final winning game of the World Series. Now he's thrown a no-no.

Btw, Mel Parnell is also a cancer survivor.

Great story.

The Red Sox have made the history books before. Why, they even won the world series, once.

If the Sox end up winning the ALCS, the come-back will rival a certain series a few years ago...

Heck, they came back from being down 3-1 last year. Could they possibly have yet another ALCS comeback? I'm pretty sure not. I am a Boston fan who would love to see it. But the Rays are good this year. They are tearing apart Boston's pitching. Becket has been terrible in his last two starts. Lester even got hit hard by the Rays in Boston.

Fingers crossed but hopes not up yet.

:dance::dance::dance: Yankees didn't even make it to the playoffs!!! :dance::dance::dance:

and Joba got arrested for a DUI :dance::dance::dance:

I'm sure the good people of Boston are relieved. The mayem that ensues when the Sox get lucky has been known to be deadly.

And, having lived in the Tampa area for half my life, all I can say is...

Yankees rock.

If by 'rock' you mean 'suck' then yeah, I'll agree.

Seriously though, good series with the Rays. They are going to be a good team for a long time. I predict they will roll over the Phillies.

Think about how tough the AL East is now. The fourth place team, Toronto Blue Jays, finished 10 games over 500!

If by 'rock' you mean 'suck' then yeah, I'll agree.

Seriously though, good series with the Rays. They are going to be a good team for a long time. I predict they will roll over the Phillies.

Think about how tough the AL East is now. The fourth place team, Toronto Blue Jays, finished 10 games over 500!

Yes, the Yankees have really raised the bar for the league.

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention...I grew up in Boston.

Yankees rock!

This year was a rebuilding year for the yankees... I can see a 300MM payroll next year.

Seems the Rays just ran out of steam going into the World Series. Despite their success, I'm still not fully sold on the Rays as a legitimate contender in the AL East for years to come.

I think the Rays are here to stay. They have a core set of players that could break havoc. The only issue is to keep them around for some time.

Let's wait until the Spring to see how the landscape looks like. I expecting the Yankees payroll to reach 300MM.

Red Sox 9
Yankees 7

:dance:

yankees lost :( but we won last year so I can't complain too much.

Strassburg looked excellent in pre-season but the regular season is another beast. We'll see.

Go Braves!

atlanta_braves_1972_80_cooperstown_fitted_cap.jpg

And the Yankees won the opening series Bosox in Boston. Again.

I think you're forgetting last season much too quickly :)

Back