• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Beer night Thursday

Eugene Krel

sunmulA
If anyone is interested, a few of us are planning to get together this Thursday for a drink or two after class (9pm). We are going to be at the Grand Saloon on 23rd and 3rd.

Everyone is welcome. Hope to see you all there.

Though I dont drink,

I was tempted to ask a question.

"A drink or two". Are you sure about the number ? ;)

It's (O(1)), although the coefficient can range rather large. It is a weeknight, though...

Incidentally, non-drinkers are welcome too; don't consider this to be some kind of exclusive event.

:cheers:
I suggest we toast each and every gold medal by one's native country in Olympics.
Our friends from China though won't be able to make it with such drinking maraphon ;) So far 13 toasts and counting! =D>
:partyman: :smt030

:cheers:
I suggest we toast each and every gold medal by one's native country in Olympics.
Our friends from China though won't be able to make it with such drinking maraphon ;) So far 13 toasts and counting! =D>
:partyman: :smt030

The medals are going to be a problem since Romania got just 2 so far (1 gold, 1 bronze);)
Though I am willing to cover some drinks for the other countries.

I will try to join you guys. Good idea Eugene=D>

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/medals;_ylt=Ao_EoFplhCoNAp2qhzC3fOQSv5V4

The medals are going to be a problem since Romania got just 2 so far (1 gold, 1 bronze);)
Though I am willing to cover some drinks for the other countries.
Well, there are two more days before Thursday night... If that is still not enough, we can just use cummulative results with Sydney's Olympics... and get wasted anyway ;)

Or you could assign weights to medals :D

Number of drinks = 3*Gold + 2* Silver + 1*Bronze

And if you really want to get drunk you could invert the weights. That might be dynamic though.

You could change your position as in Dynamic Hedging :D

Well, I sure will have to steal some medals and make a toast since Burma (Myanmar) has won none so far... But, then again, who needs medals, or any other incentives for that matter, when it comes to having a good time... :tiphat:

Make sure that Grand Saloon is opened, because there were rumors that it's closed for renovations.

I just called me them and they are still open. And yes, renovations are coming, but they will still be open for a while.

Back