• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Berkeley MFE AD

Thanks for the responses! They have confirmed that they only want my quant section score on GRE and have decided to take the exam again for that section. They also stated that once majority of my pre-requisites are fulfilled, they will proceed with the admission process.
However, they did not confirm my plan on completing the courses - I had attached the pre-req list with course links - most of which were from Coursera and edX / Udemy. Is it necessary to stick to the resources they have mentioned here:?
Which resources did you use for taking courses especially for math and stats ?

Does anyone know other sources for PDE course and Numerical Analysis?(Coursera, Edx)

I would like to add that my Finite Difference (FDM) course is also officially recognized as well as ODE/PDE and Applied Numerical Methods and past and current student are brought to a high level in 2-4 months.

The student price is Euro 1500 per course. Each extra course costs Euro 695. Videos etc. in English :)

A unique feature is that I personally supervise the students , including a nice mini-project. My approach is very much focused on computational finance and coding the algorithms. Many of the algorithms will be useful for ML later.

//
Speaking of numeric. we will be launching (announcement to come)

Applied Numerical Methods with Python and Python Libraries
Foundations for Computational Finance and Machine Learning

The goal of this hands-on (online) course is to learn the major packages in the Python programming language and to use them to computational finance, Machine Learning (ML) and other numerically-intensive applications.

The price is Euro 1395 and early bird 15% discount if you register before 1 July 2019.

I am always contactable at dduffy@datasim.nl

Last edited:
Here are some references and testimonials from some industry quants and MSc/MFE students.

Last edited:
Has anyone received the letter of recommendation from Dean yet? They were supposed to send it out sometime this week. Thanks!

Has anyone received the letter of recommendation from Dean yet? They were supposed to send it out sometime this week. Thanks!

Is this post the letter that UCB admission office sent which states 'We are pleased to inform you that our Admissions Committee is very favorably impressed by your application to the Berkeley Haas Master of Financial Engineering (MFE) Program, and we will recommend to the Dean of the Graduate Division that you be admitted to the MFE Program for the Spring 2020 term.'

Back