• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Book for brushing up Maths

I recommend Robert Bartle's book: The Elements of Real Analysis. I have taken calculus I, II and III about 15 yrs ago...this book I think covers all the important theorem and definition is easy to understand

I recommend Robert Bartle's book: The Elements of Real Analysis. I have taken calculus I, II and III about 15 yrs ago...this book I think covers all the important theorem and definition is easy to understand

It's a fine book. His "Introduction to Real Analysis" is more basic and also to be recommended to beginners.

It's a fine book. His "Introduction to Real Analysis" is more basic and also to be recommended to beginners.

Also...can you guys recommend any good problems and solution books for advanced calculus( including Derivative in Rn, multi-variable integral...
I think just read those books is not enough...I think to do certain amount of problems before enter FE program...

Also...can you guys recommend any good problems and solution books for advanced calculus( including Derivative in Rn, multi-variable integral...
I think just read those books is not enough...I think to do certain amount of problems before enter FE program...

I like Marsden's books on multivariable calculus and vector calculus, but many reviewers on Amazon appear not to like it.

Can anyone recommend where to go after studying chapters 1-7 of Rudin? I'm almost done with them, should I keep going till the end of the book or should I begin studying functional analysis or measure theory? I'm thinking to start with Royden now because I'm quite afraid of papa rudin.

Back