• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ certificate

Hi,

I am looking to enrol on the course but am wondering what level of math is assumed? I would regard myself as an advanced beginner / intermediate C++ programmer and have also passed CFA Level 1 but have not studied much math beyond this.

Regards,

Ryan.

Not all that much maths is needed as such with the possible exception of Module 9 (a bit on partial derivatives and trigonometric functions). Actually, understanding the notation so that you can progam it in C++ is key.

Would you be considered an advanced C++ programmer after completing this certificate?
See

Intermediate. What I should also say is that the course does the essential _must_have_ fundamentals as well. The _nice_to_have stuff will fit in as you progress.

(with a number of advanced topics you won't find elsewhere).

Next?
Program like mad on challenging projects :)

Have fun with C++

Thanks for your reply. Would level is the course set at? (1st, 2nd, 3rd year undergrad etc)

Haha I meant more in terms of the difficulty of the academic content

Haha I meant more in terms of the difficulty of the academic content

I was being serious:) C++ is a good mental challenge.

It's hard to say. Why do you want to know?

edit: academic content? I guess Monte Carlo, PDE/FDM, lattice models.

Last edited:
Back