• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ online certificate for MFE applicants

For those looking to apply for the Fall 2012 and have already pre-registered, it's certain that many of you will not be admitted into the first group.

umm you mean most of them will not be admitted into the first group or will be admitted?

umm you mean most of them will not be admitted into the first group or will be admitted?
Maneet,
Most will be admitted into second, third, etc group.

To everyone,
Once our first group starts later this month and if you are not in it, please feel free to contact me and I will be able to give you a better estimate of when you are expected to be enrolled according to your respective sign up time in our list. Thank you, guys.

Andy
Just found out about the certification. I want to start the course.
There is room?

Andy
Just found out about the certification. I want to start the course.
There is room?
Anyone signs up will be able to join the course. The timing of your sign up will determine when you can start the course. There is limited space for each group and we enroll in a rolling basis.
Thanks again for you interest in our course.

Hi Andy,

Just wonder if the list of first enrolled group have been sent out through email? In case I am in the waiting list, will there be any email to inform regarding the tentative date I can get admitted?

And Andy, thank you very much for your effort in organizing this cert program.

Laura.

Hi, I have already signed up, and I am wondering how long will I have to wait, approximately?

I have sent out an email to everyone who has signed up for the course by today. There are some updates on the progress and what to do for the next step. We are making many more additional resources available so more people can start the course sooner.
Everything is progressing nicely and I look forward to joining the first group by this weekend.

So the first group will be announced in the next couple days through email?

We will look to offer the direct downloads at some point. I know it could make for more some convenient study during commute or when without the internet.
Have you had a chance to look into this? It would certainly make life easier for me.

Have you had a chance to look into this? It would certainly make life easier for me.
Yes, I have. We definitely will make it easy and convenient for anyone taking the course to use the materials anytime, anywhere. Anything that makes your study easier is a good thing for me.
Any enrolled student can contact me about accessing the videos.

Maneet,
Most will be admitted into second, third, etc group.

To everyone,
Once our first group starts later this month and if you are not in it, please feel free to contact me and I will be able to give you a better estimate of when you are expected to be enrolled according to your respective sign up time in our list. Thank you, guys.

Hi Andy, I have just registered. So, I am wondering when the 2nd or 3rd group will start?

Hi Andy, I have just registered. So, I am wondering when the 2nd or 3rd group will start?
People already contacted for enrollment into group 1 have a deadline for payment. If some of them have a change of plan, we will move people from group 2 up to take their places and so on. So if all goes according to plan, we will admit all 3 groups by end of Dec. So you are looking at another month for group 2, another month for group 3 and so on. Some people will get in faster due to spaces become available in the previous group, etc.

We are getting ready to enroll students in the second group. Some tips to expedite your enrollment so you can finish the course in time for MFE admission purpose.
If you live oversea and have problem with arrange payment via credit cards, you can wire transfer to our bank accounts and send us the confirmation. We have accounts with both Chase and HSBC which has a huge network in Asia.

The information on how wire transfer can be found on our FAQ

Quant Network LLC
1133 Broadway Suite 708
New York, NY 10010
USA

HSBC Bank
1 East Fordham Road
Bronx, NY 10468
USA

Account number: 076828506
Route number: 021001088
Swift code: MRMDUS33

Hey Andy,

I have a question concerning the certificate issued upon successful participation. I am not referring to the content which is tought, but rather to the actual title of the course.

Is it:
online C++ Pre-MFE Certificate
or rather:
C++ For Financial Engineering Online Certificate
?

To be honest I would prefer the latter one. Also is there any chance that you can upload a sample certificate. That way we can much better understand which signal we can give to a potential employer or school.

Thanks a lot,
Prasath

The course is no walkover, so a good title is good.

A suggestion: print bullet topics on back of certificate (then people know what you have done).

PSQuad
That's actually a very good question. And I'm very sorry for confusing many people by referring to it by different names.
I'm fairly certain the official name is something close to "C++ Programming for Financial Engineering". I will have to double check with Baruch College and Dr. Duffy as they maintain that aspect of the certificate.

The course is designed to be applicable to all MFE-type applicants/current students and professionals, not tailored to any specific MFE program.

Pre-MFE was referring to the fact that this online course is also taken by applicants to the Baruch MFE program and is offered as part of their Pre-MFE program. Many people who learn about our course through the Baruch pre-MFE program so that's what they are familiar with. I probably use it because I get so many emails from these students and forgot to change it to the official name when I email other people.

As for the certificate, I'll see if I can stop by Baruch College and take a snapshot of the certificate and post it here. I see samples of their other certificates and it looks pretty darn good.

Back