• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Changes to Quantnet

Hey Andy,

I don't remember where this thread is. Just wanted to congratulate you on a change I just noticed. Often there would be a delay in my post so I would think it wasn't received and click "post" again. This would result in two posts. I would then spend have to delete the old post. Now I got a message that I cannot reclick "post" for 20 seconds.

Cool.

Anyone up for some magic?
Type a post into a quick reply box, save the url of the page you are working on, close that tab.
Now open a new tab and paste the url in. You should see the same content you were working on.

This should save your day in case you accidentally close a tab and risk losing all the text you were typing.

Suggestion: Can we have an option to have an email sent to us when we have an alert?

Suggestion: I have loved all recent changes to Quantnet EXCEPT: It is so annoying to have to choose from Funny, Winner, Like, Informative, Useful ...

Can we please just have "Like" and "Dislike"? From what I have Facebook, Youtube etc. are not doing that bad with keeping this one simple. Side note: I rarely "like" anymore. It's too much work.

Suggestion: Can we have an option to have an email sent to us when we have an alert?
Yes, it's something we have secretly beta testing for a while
Now you can get email alert when your name was mentioned, someone has posted, a keyword was mentioned. You can also get email for a group of keywords of your choice.
Go here http://www.quantnet.com/forum/account/keyword-alert

Create several keyword sets for yourself with different purposes.
Example 1:
Keyword set "Watching if some people have posted"
Keyword: @username1, @username2
Forum: White list -> Education
or Forum: All forum
Delivery: Immediately

Example 2:
Keyword set "Watching mention of my name"
Keyword: Andy, Andy Nguyen, @Andy, @Andy Nguyen
Forum: All
Delivery: Daily

Example 3:
Keyword set "Watching specific keywords"
Keyword: quant interview, brainteaser, phone interview
Forum: White list -> Quant Interview
Delivery: Daily

Suggestion: I have loved all recent changes to Quantnet EXCEPT: It is so annoying to have to choose from Funny, Winner, Like, Informative, Useful ...
Like is still the first button. If someone needs other options, it's available for them.

We installed a brand new search engine yesterday which will allow us to search for short and very common keywords like "MFE", "GRE", etc. It's blazingly fast as well.
It can now search posts, threads, profile posts, members, wiki entries.
Shortly, you can search through our growing profiles on Tracker.

Type something in the search box and prepared to be amazed.

I just want to bring up I subject I read about earlier on this site.

It would be very interesting if you could search for results from the tracker based on a user. And possibly if you clicked on the user you could see all his application being tracked.

I often see users that I find interesting, and want to see how they did on their applications, or just see what other programs they applied to, but it is to hard to search trough all the applications.

I just want to bring up I subject I read about earlier on this site.

It would be very interesting if you could search for results from the tracker based on a user. And possibly if you clicked on the user you could see all his application being tracked.

I often see users that I find interesting, and want to see how they did on their applications, or just see what other programs they applied to, but it is to hard to search trough all the applications.
Now implemented.
Click on the username on the Tracker and it will show all of that member's applications.

I miss the old forum list. I enjoyed just going to Quantnet/forum and seeing a list of active threads. Now I have to click into each subforum? Too much work - too many subforums. I will only check Off-Topic from now on. I hope you can switch it back Andy :(

Click on the What's New link. It will bring you the same list of topics you haven't seen.
I miss the old forum list. I enjoyed just going to Quantnet/forum and seeing a list of active threads. Now I have to click into each subforum? Too much work - too many subforums. I will only check Off-Topic from now on. I hope you can switch it back Andy :(

Andy, it would be useful to have the possibility to start a conversation with another user simply by clicking his name under the tracker section.

Andy, it would be useful to have the possibility to start a conversation with another user simply by clicking his name under the tracker section.
Clicking the username on the Tracker will effectively list all the applications that member has. If you want to send a conversation, click on the square avatar on the left which will pop up the member card where you can click on "Start a Conversation" link.

Clicking the username on the Tracker will effectively list all the applications that member has. If you want to send a conversation, click on the square avatar on the left which will pop up the member card where you can click on "Start a Conversation" link.
Oh alright. I never tried to click on the avatar. I will try once I get home.
With the mobile it seems not possible ;)

Back