• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering.
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job.
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models.

Columbia MAFN Columbia MAFN, who has got decision?

Hey Bengigi, congrats on the offer.

May I ask when did you submit your application to the MAFN program, and also where are you going instead?

Thanks mate!

Lonaysta

tried to contact Prof. Nielson once but got redirected to yhe coordinator. so i guess it wont help trying to get in touch with the director.
dont know if anyone got admitted without GRE. i assume most applicants have taken GRE or GMAT.

Jian

anyway, I have taken GMAT. but they prefer GRE. Don't know when they will send me decision. I submitted my application very late on May 19. Still don't know what they consider as a qualified student in the late decision. GPA, Experience and background, or some other tricks?

mhy

My understanding is that the GRE optional exception is meant for French students entering the program who studied under a professor affiliated with someone at Columbia. Correct me if I'm wrong.

diegosanaz

BU MSMF
Every single one of my theories has been incorrect. So, basically, I have nooo idea.

I doubt that anyone really knows the answer to your question, except for Laurent Breach and Lars Nielsen.

Jian

Hello, everyone who is still waiting. I just asked Mr. Breach.

And he replied me, "We are making decisions on a rolling basis. Some decisions are being made now, no decision on your application has been made. The admissions committee will be making decisions until the end of June. If you have not heard from them, it means a decision has not been made."

Hope this is somehow useful.

mhy

It seems like several people have declined offers of admission. Hopefully we'll see more admits soon.

diegosanaz

BU MSMF
I have been accepted to BU and still waiting for Columbia. I would go to Columbia (although I have some personal reasons that skew me a lot).