• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE interview invite?

Well, i'd say its an admit on monday or game over.
Think they send rejects in the end?

Btw what time did you get the mail.?

Thanks guys!!
Congratulations @SethiSS :D

Would require some of your tips if I get an interview invite on how to ace it. ;)

@nishank I got a confirmation mail from Columbia :)
Congrats man! So did you receive the confirmation right after the interview?
I'm still waiting for the interview invitation, if they ever plan to give me one... extremely anxious now.....

Should one mention if he or she got accepted to another school during the interview?

Well, i'd say its an admit on monday or game over.
Think they send rejects in the end?

Btw what time did you get the mail.?
I think we are on the same boat. My interview was on the 12th. It went pretty bad. It was by a student. I still haven't heard back. :(

I think we are on the same boat. My interview was on the 12th. It went pretty bad. It was by a student. I still haven't heard back. :(
Well the content was there, i didn't communicate so well though. Went through the tracker, they dont seem to have rejected a lot of people with decent work experience. Still hopeful.

Hey Guys, Just occurred to me- it's a US off today. We'll have to wait another day, for the offices to open, and receive any communication (if positive)

Hey Guys, Just occurred to me- it's a US off today. We'll have to wait another day, for the offices to open, and receive any communication (if positive)
Columbia is open today. It's not that big of a holiday as others. I'm really not even sure why the markets are closed.

Hello everyone : )

Congrats on the ones who got ads or interviews! It seems quite a lot of people received interviews from Columbia, I submitted around xmas time still haven't heard anything yet. Does that mean a sign of rejection probably?

Shall I wait or should I email them to check mine?

Thanks!!

Hey ccbjyo!

I know it feels tempting to mail them to check out the status of our applications, it probably doesn't help our case. On emailing them, I would expect them to reply stating that they are still processing the applications, and will let me know if mine reaches an advanced stage (for interview or offer).

As such, I would wait.

Hello everyone : )

Congrats on the ones who got ads or interviews! It seems quite a lot of people received interviews from Columbia, I submitted around xmas time still haven't heard anything yet. Does that mean a sign of rejection probably?

Shall I wait or should I email them to check mine?

Thanks!!
Hi ccbjyo

I would wait if I were you. Like FreeMarkets said, I think they would only reply that your application is currently under review. In my case, I sent an email to ask for an early decision last week when I saw a lot of candidates got interview invitation as I need to pay the CMU deposit before March 10. They replied the email stating that it usually takes 4-6 weeks for the review process and it is impossible to expedite the process.
They're still sending out invitation. I just received interview invitation on Saturday.

Does anyone know that whether Columbia MFE would or ever invited on-campus interview for those applicants in NYC?

Last edited:
Back