• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!
Columbia University - Masters in Financial Engineering

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE admissions results

• Thread starter Thread starter Vixus
  • Start date Start date
does anyone have any idea on whether only reject decisions are announced today? Have all admits already been sent out? and does columbia send only any waitlists or will we be redirected to MSOR?

does anyone have any idea on whether only reject decisions are announced today? Have all admits already been sent out? and does columbia send only any waitlists or will we be redirected to MSOR?

They said last week that final decisions will be coming in by the 7th. I would imagine that there will still be offers rolling out with them. As was the case with me, they are still admitting (i got mine yesterday), so hang in there!

Sorry to those with a reject, were you all directed to MSOR? My turn is coming .....
except for a question under question tab asking me if I would like to be considered for other programs if I were not admitted by msfe

My application is under wait list. Heard from them today that a final decision will be made by early April.
Tough luck!

Is any international applicant planning of applying loan from US...is there any way to apply for a loan in US without cosigner.
.also any university sponsored loans...I ask this since the tuition fees + mandatory fees comes around to USD 66K

Is any international applicant planning of applying loan from US...is there any way to apply for a loan in US without cosigner.
.also any university sponsored loans...I ask this since the tuition fees + mandatory fees comes around to USD 66K

I had the same question. I sent Columbia a mail regarding this a few days back. Waiting for a response.

I think the total expenses come around to 80k including living considering u complete within 12 months...n I have heard still many current batch students r looking 4 placements

Exactly what I have heard... it is really tough getting placed even if you are from one of the best university... dont know how much this reflects on the job market, university academics, career placement services efficacy and students personal level of preparation...

Exactly what I have heard... it is really tough getting placed even if you are from one of the best university... dont know how much this reflects on the job market, university academics, career placement services efficacy and students personal level of preparation...
The placement dept. Of Columbia is really good, as they help out candidates with lot of things n there seems to be 2 or 3 companies asking resumes or visiting campus every other day for IEOR students but still students are unplaced as of now

Hey
Are they(Columbia MFE Ad com) done with sending the acceptance/rejection mail to all the applicants for FALL 2014. Has any one got the rejection mail also ? Because so far I have got neither the acceptance nor rejection .
They had sent one mail few days back saying that your application is under review . Is this some kind of waiting list ?
@Seniors/@Admins-Do you have any idea from previous years experiences about the date by which they would come up with a decision ?
Please reply!!

Back