• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Devops Tools

The three I've used in my career on wall street have been the following:

Jenkins: Far and away the most popular. I've used this at all the roles/banks I've worked at. I've made projects work with C/C++, Python, Java, Scala, Rust, and Haskell.

Gitlab CI/CD: Used it at BNP Paribas and it has built-in CI/CD capabilities directly integrated with its version control features. It supports C/C++ projects and allows you to define CI/CD pipelines using .gitlab-ci.yml configuration files.

Github Actions: A more recent development for me at my current role at Morgan Stanley. GitHub Actions allows you to automate workflows directly within your GitHub repository. It supports C/C++ projects and provides flexibility in defining custom workflows using YAML syntax. Really the only pain points are us having to work with the internal 'morganization' of things for security purposes. Otherwise it flows pretty nicely.

The three I've used in my career on wall street have been the following:

Jenkins: Far and away the most popular. I've used this at all the roles/banks I've worked at. I've made projects work with C/C++, Python, Java, Scala, Rust, and Haskell.

Gitlab CI/CD: Used it at BNP Paribas and it has built-in CI/CD capabilities directly integrated with its version control features. It supports C/C++ projects and allows you to define CI/CD pipelines using .gitlab-ci.yml configuration files.

Github Actions: A more recent development for me at my current role at Morgan Stanley. GitHub Actions allows you to automate workflows directly within your GitHub repository. It supports C/C++ projects and provides flexibility in defining custom workflows using YAML syntax. Really the only pain points are us having to work with the internal 'morganization' of things for security purposes. Otherwise it flows pretty nicely.
Interesting to see Jenkins used for non-Java projects. Was it a pain or pretty smooth?

I am surprised MS uses GitHub. I would have guessed BitBucket and everything Atlassian.

Interesting to see Jenkins used for non-Java projects. Was it a pain or pretty smooth?

I am surprised MS uses GitHub. I would have guessed BitBucket and everything Atlassian.

Surprisingly smooth. Making python, Java/Scala, and C/C++ play together nicely is probably the hardest part. Python stuff is very delicate. C/C++ is very smooth.

Back