• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Do you want to learn Stat Arb/Quant Trading?

Open enrollment starts....now! Please apply per above specifications. My email is: jimkliew@gmail.com. This is conditional, if I can find a suitable class room to teach the group and I don't get pulled away by some consulting work, ok? ;)

"The only requirements to enroll in my course are that:
(1) You must be very bright (send me a paragraph why you want to learn, your resume, test scores, and a recent pic);
(2) You must have 100% integrity; and
(3) You must do all the homework assignments that I give you, no excuses.
Finally, I have the right to stop teaching you for whatever reason."

Hi Jim,

Very interested but 2 questions: will you be doing remote teaching and when does the next session starts?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, remote teaching doesn't work very well. I've tried it before with limited success. :(

What if I taught the class on Quant Network? That would be a riot, no? :cool:

What if I taught the class on Quant Network? That would be a riot, no? :cool:

Hi Dr Liew,

From personal experience good PDF lectures + recorded video lections =~ being at the lecture.I think that both are easy to produce so I see no real reason against it.
Furthermore this will also help you physical class too, I used recorded video lectures to see lectures I have missed or wanted to see how the lecturer deliver the message instead of just reading some book.

I can tell you that I'm very interested in this course but I'm at Israel.I also think that helping you build the model afterwards sounds very attractive to me, sort of like an internship, a good chance to gain some experience :)

Regards,
Ohad.

2013 schedule?? thats too far man!!! Do you know any other source something like this

I would like to join this class, but I am not in NY.. Is online course available now?:)

I too am highly interested in joining this class although I live in India - so I can only join the class remotely and help Dr. Liew with his work remotely.

Hi Folks. I'm currently teaching this Stat Arb/Quant Trading course at Baruch.
Maybe Alain and I could co-teach an expanded course for a fee.
Kindest regards, Prof Liew

Hi Folks. I'm currently teaching this Stat Arb/Quant Trading course at Baruch.
Maybe Alain and I could co-teach an expanded course for a fee.
Kindest regards, Prof Liew

Definitely interested if there will be an online option for the class

Back