• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

God's laptop

You are selling the x220t already?

Agreed. Beautiful piece. Awful resolution and no dedicated graphics. I'm staying away. Upgrading to an SSD anyhow and Microsoft rocks :)

Any ideas anyone? Looking for a laptop in the $1,200 range. i5-i7, HD res, backlit keyboard, 3lbs or less,...

I was just looking at the MacBook Air. I'm considering getting it just so that I can actually own a Mac before I judge anymore. My one gripe: No dedicated graphics...

P.S. Was going to wipe OS and put on Windows

MRoss

If you are not too picky about weight, I think a Macbook Pro might serve you better - Dedicated graphics.

Regarding the Air, I guess the processor (sandybridge) with its own 384 DDR3 dedicated graphics might be useful (it would definitely be faster than the one you plug in separately). Besides, a SSD will make up quite a lot for delays related to hard disk.

The 13-inch one boots up in 15 secs. ;)

I was just looking at the MacBook Air. I'm considering getting it just so that I can actually own a Mac before I judge anymore. My one gripe: No dedicated graphics...

why do you need dedicated graphics? Just wondering.

Most of my laptop work will be for work/programming. However I do play one online game a few hours each week. Not sure if the intel 3000 will be enough: Battleforge.

Most of my laptop work will be for work/programming. However I do play one online game a few hours each week. Not sure if the intel 3000 will be enough: Battleforge.

ah... Ok. That will change in the future.

P.S. Was going to wipe OS and put on Windows
When all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail

I said a few hours. About 1/2 a night while eating supper. Forgive me. I study for the other 14 hours.

guys what u think about sony vaio f series
VPCF136FG/BI, compared to mac book air or pro

Strongly recommend... if 6.85lbs is not too much for you. Whoops the Mac for the money.

guys what u think about sony vaio f series
VPCF136FG/BI, compared to mac book air or pro

I have a Sony F series laptop. I like it. Macbook offers far less as far as performance goes for the money.

Hmmm. "Sweet deal" use to mean "very good deal". Apparently now it means "less of a rip-off then before"...

Not looking for God's laptop but I'm going to order the base retina MBP for my design work. Here offers a sweat deal for students (no sale tax, free shipping).
http://www.macmall.com/n/Mac-Back-To-School/macCustomPages-5793

Hi Andy,

I was checking MBP with retina a week ago and was very disappointed by stability of the system. Namely, open terminal -> type top (aka unix task manager) -> try to view photos or browse not heavy websites-> watch to top in the terminal. You will see what these apps using 40-60% of CPU regardless of the actual application usage. And the screen is not that great in comparing to my lenovo w510 FHD.

Back