• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

List of Facebook and Twitter accounts for MFE programs

BARUCH MFE | Facebook
http://twitter.com/BaruchMFE

That is the official Baruch MFE Facebook and Twitter pages. They are both monitored and run by the program director, Dr. Dan Stefanica.

You can become fans to keep up to date with workshops, seminars, formal and informal gatherings, and news about the program, etc.

I'm looking at Baruch and NYU streams right now. But as a rule, for me, if it reads as an RSS feed or if it is updated every application deadline season, interest drops off. Put in a seminar video tiny url, a homework problem, a twitpic or two from students in class, that'll keep it interesting. Im just saying.

@grimknight
In contrary to the info overloading problem I have with MBA programs, MFE programs seem to abandon their accounts shortly after they set it up.
Look at the twitter list I set to follow theses programs http://twitter.com/#!/quantnet/programs/members
Do you see how often they update it?
And like you, if they put them in auto rss, I'm going to put them on the ignore list. Gotta put a human touch into it like you really care.

I wonder... with Google+ popping up, will programs also have Google+ pages?!

MBA programs may be the first to join that fray but I doubt their MFE counterparts would do that anytime soon. Just look at how they have used the established services like FB/Twitter.
It's not easy to use social networks the right way or master it.
Do they use them effectively? No. Do they still sign up for them? Yes.

Back