• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE MFE Oxford vs MFE LSE, which is better?

I got the admission from both Oxford Said Business School and LSE, the programs are the same, Master of Financial Economics. However, I am now facing a dilemma, which program should I pick up?

First, concerning the tuition fee, Oxford is 26000 GBP while LSE is much cheaper 19*** GBP. If I include the college fee and living expense, etc., the total expense for Oxford will about 39000 GBP while for LSE, no more than 30000GBP.

Second, as for the program. I heard that the MFE at LSE is very difficult, which is commonly regarded as the cradle of the future phds...Actually, I want to work in the financial industry after my graduation. Thus not sure, whether it is appropriate for me. As for MFE at Oxford, it places no specific requirements on the students' background. Therefore, it may be criticized to be not professional compared with LSE in expertise.

Finally, of course, I care most about the future job hunting. Located in London, LSe is undoubtedly the best choice owning to its geographical advantage. However, as for an international student, it's hard to find internships after the crisis. Thus I am wondering whether Oxford would enjoy the bigger fame if I return back to my homecountry or seek jobs in other countries and cities, such as US, HongKong, etc?

Btw, how is program Master of Finance at LSE? Does anyone here know about that? Since I used to take for granted that the MFE program is the best at LSE, but someone these days restated that master fo finance should be the one...

Thank you for your attention! And wait for your later remarks!
Bow!

I am also applying to Oxford M.Sc. in Financial Economics and LSE M.Sc. in Finance and Economics (with M.Sc. in Finance as my second choice program). When did you submit your applications to these two schools and how long did it take you to hear back? I got a friend who got into both program last year and decided on LSE mainly for its location. It is hard to beat the fact that LSE is in London.

I believe Oxford is considered more selective than LSE, but the NYC investment bank I worked for when I started off as an analyst hired from both schools. Do you know which school has a bigger class size? We hired roughly as many from both schools, so if Oxford has a smaller program, your odds of getting an offer are higher.

I am also applying to Oxford M.Sc. in Financial Economics and LSE M.Sc. in Finance and Economics (with M.Sc. in Finance as my second choice program). When did you submit your applications to these two schools and how long did it take you to hear back? I got a friend who got into both program last year and decided on LSE mainly for its location. It is hard to beat the fact that LSE is in London.

for ox, I am the 1st round applicant~~And got ad from them early dec. for lse, I applied early Nov, and I think it took approximately 8 weeks.

Back