• Visit the 2024 QuantNet ranking of the Best UK Quant MSc Programs.

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin MMF University of Toronto 2012 -Entrance Exam

I just count the number of people who got admitted THIS YEAR is 9, number of will join is 5. Although there are some spots which have been filled up so far, but I think we still get a chance. Good luck ppl.

not every one who got admission would come to this forum.
and not every one in this forum would update the tracker.
(like GBerger was accpeted, he didn't update the tracker
actually he will join. you can find his posting in https://www.quantnet.com/forum/threads/uoft-mmf-students.3684/)

let's assume half of ppl accepted would come to this forum and update the trakcer (50% is already high)
my conclusion is that at least more than 50% of spots have been filled up

i still trust the insider's information that all 30 spots have been sent out

staying positive is fine
just sometimes we have to face the reality

Oh well, how can they attract talented candidates and grow the program if they have a rigid 30 spots every year like this? I like the idea of Baruch MFE program where they have flexibility in quota and will take more if there are strong applicants . If they keep turning away candidates and make the program so small, there will be no room to grow and in the future talented people will be shy away from the program

Oh well, how can they attract talented candidates and grow the program if they have a rigid 30 spots every year like this? I like the idea of Baruch MFE program where they have flexibility in quota and will take more if there are strong applicants . If they keep turning away candidates and make the program so small, there will be no room to grow and in the future talented people will be shy away from the program

I think that keeping a small class size is one way of maintaining the education quality

also MMF cares about the placement rate
their internship placement is 100% until now
keeping most qualified students only would help them to keep this record

I think no matter the number of applicants are, they will just recruit 30 students

I think that keeping a small class size is one way of maintaining the education quality

also MMF cares about the placement rate
their internship placement is 100% until now
keeping most qualified students only would help them to keep this record

I think no matter the number of applicants are, they will just recruit 30 students

wonder why this year there are so many applicants, perhaps the market is not doing so well and many ppl decided to continue with school or perhaps there are just more international students who know about the program this year?

wonder why this year there are so many applicants, perhaps the market is not doing so well and many ppl decided to continue with school or perhaps there are just more international students who know about the program this year?

no idea..
actually the unemployment rate falls to 7.4%
Canada regained jobs after 2008 recession

I guess more and more smart people want to get challenging jobs in high roll...

from what i heard from ppl who got admitted, all 30 spots have been sent out, they maybe waiting for people to reject and then will call some more, the deadline is 29 Mar so next Monday will be another round IF someone rejects

all of them are sent out?? But then what about those who haven't done interview but scheduled??

I just count the number of people who got admitted THIS YEAR is 9, number of will join is 5. Although there are some spots which have been filled up so far, but I think we still get a chance. Good luck ppl.

From what I see from Tracker and other threads, I assume there are about 10 people who are willing to accept it.

Oh well... let's pray

..and what about those who have done the assessment?

MMF still can reject them if all the seats are taken
interview doesn't guarantee anything, neither does the assessment

ok here is a bit info, in 2009 they sent out 50 offers in the first round in March and then after that around 20 people accepted and they sent another round of ad in april. This was from a senior in the mmf. This time probably they have already sent 50 offers and not only 30. But i think many people will decline the offers since they may have been admitted to other programs, in US for example, so we can still hope for some good news. Waiting is really very painful, I hope they speed up the process, maybe give the deadline for people to reply just 1 week instead of 2, and many people really dread till the deadline to make up their mind, or worst, just let the deadline passed. I think these people when they apply they should have a priority list instead waiting to decide till last minute, it is really painful for people in the wait list to wait till end of April

ok here is a bit info, in 2009 they sent out 50 offers in the first round in March and then after that around 20 people accepted and they sent another round of ad in april. This was from a senior in the mmf. This time probably they have already sent 50 offers and not only 30. But i think many people will decline the offers since they may have been admitted to other programs, in US for example, so we can still hope for some good news. Waiting is really very painful, I hope they speed up the process, maybe give the deadline for people to reply just 1 week instead of 2, and many people really dread till the deadline to make up their mind, or worst, just let the deadline passed. I think these people when they apply they should have a priority list instead waiting to decide till last minute, it is really painful for people in the wait list to wait till end of April

Thank you so much.
Finally, relief in mind.
About 50~70 offers are a lot.
I am not 100% sure but I remember that the interview said they interview about 120 people. So that is about 50% chance for someone who had the interview.

OMG 120 interviewed already, and they still calling more, that's so scary!

hey guys, just to let you know even though my UT app is still pending, I have decided to go to Chicago MSFM. Good luck everyone! all the best!

hey guys, just to let you know even though my UT app is still pending, I have decided to go to Chicago MSFM. Good luck everyone! all the best!
congratz! and thanks for letting us know! Chicago is an awesome uni!

Congratulations!

Finally, you don't need to worry about MMF application.
Great relief!

Are u gonna withdraw your interview?

Congratulations!

Finally, you don't need to worry about MMF application.
Great relief!

Are u gonna withdraw your interview?

If in this case, I will withdraw to let other a chance, please be considerate!

Back