• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin MMF University of Toronto 2012 -Entrance Exam

actually I think 30 is too small the size, the industry surely can absorb more than that, but the problem is some people want to take positions that are rarely available to fresh grad such as trader, structurer etc so that is making it difficult for 100% placement. To be honest, one will look at the type of jobs that the grad got after this program rather than just 100% figure which is quite vague, and they never release the exact type of jobs too, if everyone has a back office position, the 100% placement rate is nothing

No i am not in Toronto but my interview has not happened yet! I did assessment though

actually I think 30 is too small the size, the industry surely can absorb more than that, but the problem is some people want to take positions that are rarely available to fresh grad such as trader, structurer etc so that is making it difficult for 100% placement. To be honest, one will look at the type of jobs that the grad got after this program rather than just 100% figure which is quite vague, and they never release the exact type of jobs too, if everyone has a back office position, the 100% placement rate is nothing

sgmfof You are absolutely right ! BTW are you from Toronto ? Had your interview?

it seems that almost everyone who got admission would accept it

the chance of getting in is becoming smaller

the competition is very intense this year

competition is extremely intense this year but they do not increase the size of the program, and Waterloo only accept 15 people this year so people even have fewer choice and they will tend to accept the offer since they have no other choice

competition is extremely intense this year but they do not increase the size of the program, and Waterloo only accept 15 people this year so people even have fewer choice and they will tend to accept the offer since they have no other choice

yes
Based on the information from QUANTNET, I guess that more than half of the spots have been filled up.
There is a big chance that I am in the waiting list, or I've already in the rejection list.
anyhow, the waiting will end soon.

let's cross fingers

from what i heard from ppl who got admitted, all 30 spots have been sent out, they maybe waiting for people to reject and then will call some more, the deadline is 29 Mar so next Monday will be another round IF someone rejects

from what i heard from ppl who got admitted, all 30 spots have been sent out, they maybe waiting for people to reject and then will call some more, the deadline is 29 Mar so next Monday will be another round IF someone rejects
That's so disappointing. I hope NOT.

Thanks for the information~
that's what I guessed
I am in the waiting list now

I've noticed that they sent out some admissions on Mar 30th last year
hope there are some people who will reject the admissions

Thanks for the information~
that's what I guessed
I am in the waiting list now

I've noticed that they sent out some admissions on Mar 30th last year
hope there are some people who will reject the admissions
I just count the number of people who got admitted THIS YEAR is 9, number of will join is 5. Although there are some spots which have been filled up so far, but I think we still get a chance. Good luck ppl.

Back