• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin MMF University of Toronto 2012 -Entrance Exam

Just finished the assessment too. Rather tough, and the time seems sort of short.
How about the interview? Tough as their onsite interview?
time is very short and they track the time closely from clicking the link till submit! i think it is tougher than group interview, they should give a bit more time since all the recording and uploading files take time

time is very short and they track the time closely from clicking the link till submit! i think it is tougher than group interview, they should give a bit more time since all the recording and uploading files take time

totally, agree!!

i think I was over 2 mins...

I scanned 10 pages and tried to combined them into one PDF file... it took me more than 15 mins to finish it ...

anyway...I am done

no matter what the result is ...I can relax now

all questions are hand written questions....there are no multiple choices
Yeah!~~I upload when the timer shows 1:14:08, quite close to the limit.
Would there be an interview after the assessment?

Yeah!~~I upload when the timer shows 1:14:08, quite close to the limit.
Would there be an interview after the assessment?

my phone interview was scheduled before I got the email with the assessment download link.
The email mentioned that the assessment is not the prerequisite of interview.

I think ur interview is on the way.
Just keep waiting. You would be fine.

i know some applicant has no assessment and just an interview and right away admitted, the whole process is really unfair, but i do not know if it is efficient to select applicants based on this kind of online assessment, it is like striking luck

all questions are hand written questions....there are no multiple choices
would u mind share more details about the assessment?
are all technical question? mostly focus on math rather than fin or stat? what are the topics they cover?such as integration or derivatives?
Many Many thanks!

to be fair to everyone i do not think it is wise to share the assessment, but all I can tell is that it is a mixed of everything, maths, stat, econ...​

I do not think they send out any rejection letter until 30 spots are taken, they will send offer in every 2 weeks and depending on how many people decline the offer in the previous round, they will give it to some more, I assume for now they have already send out 30 offers and if there are some decline, people lower in the list will get a chance. It is sad they do it this way but I think they will need to be sure they are not oversubcribed or undersubcribed. If everyone accept the offers in previous round, we can forget about it

probably after all the admission letters are sent out, they will start doing rejection.
I think they will wait till all the 30 deposits are paid, then they will send out all the rejection letters in a mass email

I failed to open the assessment website as well as the mmf program home page.
Did anyone experience the same problem?
Thanks

Did anyone get rejection yet? Waiting is so stressful. I almost gave up. There are so many ads on Tracker

JIN LEE Same here man. No communication from them so far. Application status on their website still says 'Under Review'. With the number of applicants increasing every year, they should increase the seats also.

Back