• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin MMF University of Toronto 2012 -Entrance Exam

Thanks for letting me know Mat. I just got mine last night too and going to accept it as well.
By the way, I have made a facebook group "u of t MMF 2012-2013", for everyone who is interested to join.
Hi Navid, I couldn't find your group and decided to create one. I hope that you don't mind.

Hi, guys, I have just done my skype interview. But I assume I didn't do very well.
I think if I don't get AD when they start to offer to the skype interviewers, my chance of being admitted is quite slim.:(

Hi, guys, I have just done my skype interview. But I assume I didn't do very well.
I think if I don't get AD when they start to offer to the skype interviewers, my chance of being admitted is quite slim.:(
hey yang_pop, my interview was also very intensed and untill now I have no respond from them, I would say do not give up hope yet

Probably it's not that bad as u thought.

For Skype interview, I think that the reason is that you are in China.
It's more cost effective.

Don't give up so soon.

Probably it's not that bad as u thought.

For Skype interview, I think that the reason is that you are in China.
It's more cost effective.

Don't give up so soon.
actually in my interview they offer to use both phone or skype but said that they prefer using skype, i think it is more cost effective for them since they have to call like 30 mins and there are so many people outside Toronto area, I do not think they categorize into "skype" or "phone" interview types

Thanks a lot~;)
you are right about it, I thought they want to see the interviewee in person, and judge their performance from their facial expression or anything else.
But it seems they don't care about it, and just want to be more effective in this way.

Actually, I fail to answer some of their questions in the technical part, and feel kind of nervous......so:(....

Yeah, quite early..So, waiting with me;)

I think tomorrow would be the deadline for some admissions...
Hope miracle can happen on me.

BTW, my interview didn't go well either. I wouldn't be too surprised if I get rejection letter.

I think tomorrow would be the deadline for some admissions...
Hope miracle can happen on me.

BTW, my interview didn't go well either. I wouldn't be too surprised if I get rejection letter.
yeah I think we are all the same boat, my interview was not so good either due to nervousness, they only give me like a few hours notice and I was so busy with work on that day, no matter good or bad news I hope to hear a decision soon so I can move on

Anyway, you must stand out in some way.
Cong, yeah, I could do nothing other then what I should do, keep checking emails every morning, just carry on my life, and wait.
Thank you so me, and really hope to see you there;)

yeah I think we are all the same boat, my interview was not so good either due to nervousness, they only give me like a few hours notice and I was so busy with work on that day, no matter good or bad news I hope to hear a decision soon so I can move on
Yeah, I am nervous too, just wish you good luck~~;)
Have you applied to other programs?

Thanks a lot~;)
you are right about it, I thought they want to see the interviewee in person, and judge their performance from their facial expression or anything else.
But it seems they don't care about it, and just want to be more effective in this way.

Actually, I fail to answer some of their questions in the technical part, and feel kind of nervous......so:(....

Don't be too worried! My interview was also kind of weird. I could not answer all the questions. For example, I had a question on Hilbert Spaces...coming from undergrad Engineering background I had no clue what the question was asking. However, I still got an offer so don't be too worried about it.

Also I had my interview on Feb 27 and I only got an offer a few days ago.

Don't be too worried! My interview was also kind of weird. I could not answer all the questions. For example, I had a question on Hilbert Spaces...coming from undergrad Engineering background I had no clue what the question was asking. However, I still got an offer so don't be too worried about it.

Thanks for letting us know the details of your interview.

Let's see how it goes tomorrow~

Very cheering~~~thanks indeed!~~~~~;)

My application status is still 'under review'. Any chance of getting interview call now?
Hi Jignesh ! Even my application is under review.

If you would have gone through previous posts in the same thread, someone had emailed Petra asking about the status. Here is what she replied.

Thank you for applying to the Mathematical Finance Program at the University of Toronto. The admissions committee is currently in the process of evaluating 480 applications. A selected group of candidates will be invited for an interview, either by phone or in person.Interviews are conducted throughout the month of March. After that, decisions are released by email starting mid-April. At this time, no final decision has been made on your application although you have not appeared on our interview list. Therefore it seems unlikely that you will receive an offer of acceptance to the Program.Regards,Petra_

So you see its pretty much clear. We'll have to start looking for other options. ATB.

here is a bit info that i collected, the last interview is conducted by end Mar, around 480 application submitted, they interewved around 1/3 candidates so around 150 ppl, there are 30 spots for this year. Best candidates will be offered first, preference will be given to Toronto candidates followed by students in other provinces. In a typical year, more than half of the class are students from Toronto area. There was only 1 international student in 2010 class and he was from US. Btw, I have withdrawn my application for going to Chicago MSMF. Good luck to all!

here is a bit info that i collected, the last interview is conducted by end Mar, around 480 application submitted, they interewved around 1/3 candidates so around 150 ppl, there are 30 spots for this year. Best candidates will be offered first, preference will be given to Toronto candidates followed by students in other provinces. In a typical year, more than half of the class are students from Toronto area. There was only 1 international student in 2010 class and he was from US. Btw, I have withdrawn my application for going to Chicago MSMF. Good luck to all!

Thank u for sharing this information with us.

I never thought MMF is that local.
As time goes, the chance for me to get in is becoming smaller.

Back