• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin MMF University of Toronto 2012 -Entrance Exam

I just emailed Petra for my last chance and got an autoreply that she's away from the office.

I think I will give up if there's no news today.
yeah I emailed them too but no reply, so now she switches on the out of office auto reply. Sigh, I am giving it up soon as it time goes

I just decided to continue to the Ph.D. program in math at UofT (I am in the M.Sc. program currently).
a PhD in Maths is gold standard for quant position, especially it is from UofT too and I asume you get paid to get that PhD instead of spending money for the mmf at a lower level, I think you make a good decision

Hi everyone, I got admitted to the mathematic finance program, hope to see you in August!

It seems like offers only started to be sent out last week. Judging from the FB group at least 7 offers have been accepted. Since not all students have joined the FB group it is reasonable to conclude that nearly half the spots have been filled ( or at least 15 offers have been sent out).

Anyway, I know everyone who hasn't been admitted is nervous but I would suggest you start making plans in case UofT does not accept you. This is will ...
1) Keep your mind off the MMF admission for now.
2) If things don't work out you have other options.

It seems like offer only started to be sent out last week.

Anyway, I know everyone who hasn't been admitted is nervous but I would suggest you start making plans in case UofT does not accept you. This is will ...
1) Keep your mind off the MMF admission for now.
2) If things don't work out you have other options.

Thank u for ur suggestion.
I think everyone has a backup plan.
No one will depend on MMF only.

For me, I just want the answer so that I can move on completely.
I am not nervous at all, even when I couldn't answer some interview questions.

I am gonna enjoy my weekend now. :)

Thank u for ur suggestion.
I think everyone has a backup plan.
No one will depend on MMF only.

For me, I just want the answer so that I can move on completely.
I am not nervous at all, even when I couldn't answer some interview questions.

I am gonna enjoy my weekend now. :)

I only applied to MMF. This was stupid of me but things worked out somehow.

I only applied for MMF this year but if I am not admitted maybe it will not be bad as I will use this year to practice my GRE and take CFA and aim for a better school in USA such as UCB (my dream!!!), Columbia or MIT. My friend who got similar profile and with a good GRE he got into UCB this year so it was really good for him! At this point in time I have already assumed that I don't get into mmf but I guess the main reason was because I was nervous during the interview and did not prepare well, I will take this as an experience for my next year battle for schools in US then.

I only applied for MMF this year but if I am not admitted maybe it will not be bad as I will use this year to practice my GRE and take CFA and aim for a better school in USA such as UCB (my dream!!!), Columbia or MIT. My friend who got similar profile and with a good GRE he got into UCB this year so it was really good for him! At this point in time I have already assumed that I don't get into mmf but I guess the main reason was because I was nervous during the interview and did not prepare well, I will take this as an experience for my next year battle for schools in US then.

Same here,
I applied to MMF only this year. I don't get admitted, I don't know what I should do.
1) stay in undergrad one more year and do master and phd in stats afterwards
2) get CFA level 2, C++ certificate, and GRE and apply to US next year
3) stay in two more years in undergrad and do master and phd in pure + applied math.

I am not sure which way is the best for becoming Quant.

Same here,
I applied to MMF only this year. I don't get admitted, I don't know what I should do.
1) stay in undergrad one more year and do master and phd in stats afterwards
2) get CFA level 2, C++ certificate, and GRE and apply to US next year
3) stay in two more years in undergrad and do master and phd in pure + applied math.

I am not sure which way is the best for becoming Quant.

I like option 2 best.

Did anyone receive the interview email today?

I don't think emails are sent out over the weekend.

hey guys, please update if you receive any news from them, I hope they will finalize the results this week, good luck to all of us who are waiting!

Back