• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin MMF University of Toronto 2012 -Entrance Exam

Thank you~;)
If I decided to live off-campus, I might try to contact other people in this program or in UT, and to co-rent a department.
Living on campus is super expensive. It will add at least 6K$ to your tuition.

Living on campus is super expensive. It will add at least 6K$ to your tuition.
Yeah, that's really expensive~~
That site is for people who want to live in NYC, maybe we could start a post for people who want to live near UT to leave a massage;)

Yeah, that's really expensive~~
That site is for people who want to live in NYC, maybe we could start a post for people who want to live near UT to leave a massage;)
If you join the Facebook group later you could find MMF students who may want to share a place. However, I go to school in downtown Toronto and some of my classmates live in/close to downtown so I can help you with some information.

I'm surprised we have a lot of chatter about the Toronto program this year. There was little discussion about it last few years.

hahaha~~Yeah, I follow this post from page 6 to page 18.
This is great, more and more people came there to talk about their programs and life;)

If you join the Facebook group later you could find MMF students who may want to share a place. However, I go to school in downtown Toronto and some of my classmates live in/close to downtown so I can help you with some information.
OK, Thank you.
I will let you know as soon as I start to prepare for my living there~

I'm surprised we have a lot of chatter about the Toronto program this year. There was little discussion about it last few years.
It only has less posts than the Columbia MFE thread this year.
I think the program and profession is growing in popularity within Canada. I lived here for a while and I didn't know much about it until recently. In general, MFE programs are getting a lot of attention right now.

I think the program and profession is growing in popularity within Canada. I lived here for a while and I didn't know much about it until recently. In general, MFE programs are getting a lot of attention right now.
Yes, indeed.
I don't know how are things in Canada going, but I'm sure that number of applications for MFE program in China increase at least 30% this year. And most of the applicants with a quite strong background applied to top programs in US and UT.

Yes, indeed.
I don't know how are things in Canada going, but I'm sure that number of applications for MFE program in China increase at least 30% this year. And most of the applicants with a quite strong background applied to top programs in US and UT.
What is your background ?

Hey, dismantler~
If it's about 1 or 2 o'clock in the morning in Canada now, I think it's time for you to close your computer, and go bed now~~ ;)
Haha...engineers don't sleep!

Maybe I should, I have class at 10am.

Well you must be strong enough because they chose to admit you. :)

What did you study in undegrad and what courses did you take?

I majored in financial mathematics.

I took basic math: mathematical analysis, advanced algebra, real variable functions, complex variable function, probability, ODE;
Basic finance courses focused on economical theories, investment and portfolio management
statistic courses, such as time serious, econometric, statistics

I majored in financial mathematics.

I took basic math: mathematical analysis, advanced algebra, real variable functions, complex variable function, probability, ODE;
Basic finance courses focused on economical theories, investment and portfolio management
statistic courses, such as time serious, econometric, statistics
You have a stronger math background and I do! ;)

You'll be fine!

You have a stronger math background and I do! ;)

You'll be fine!
Thank you~
But my programming is much weaker, I guess I need to make up for that and review some math courses this summer~~
I have to go, goodnight and see you

Back