• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

New Quantnet forum software

@Andy Nguyen

Andy in my text box everything has been removed. Not a single option on the toolbar. Quotes, code, media, fonts, nothing is here, just a textbox to write a message. In more options there is the same.

@Andy Nguyen
Wen I go to forumz it no looks like last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! Can u fix massive bug pl0x?

...J/K

"Go to your account preference and make sure the option to use Rich media editor is selected."

It is selected. It's been 30-40 minutes since the toolbar disappeared.

Its good now. Fixed. I tried it earlier (logged out and came in again) but seems restarting browser helped.

Thanks Andy

Hey Andy,

Is there any way to make the attachments come through a little cleaner (read: icons smaller - more in a list format, ideally alphabetized)?

Going through a post that has about 25+ attachments is proving to be a strenuous exercize.

Thanks
smile.png

@amanda.jayne (note: I love the Alert system ;))
I put that request out to the developers yesterday. We have upgraded to a RC3 today and Stable 1.0 will be out shortly with (hopefully) thumbnail icons for different file types. We need a different icon for PDF, XLS, ZIP, etc. Right now, it resolves to the same image.

Thanks for flying with Beta Airline.

I'm not using it right now. Im on opera. Ill try now and tell if fixed.
I dug a bit on Opera browser and found that the way they report browser agent string is a bit strange. Even if you use version 11.0 they still report it as 9.0
http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/opera-ua-string-changes/

I've fixed this by changing the way Opera browser is detected (this is to detect mobile phone but it affects how WYSIWYG editor is assigned)

change
C++:
	 else if (self::isBrowsingWith('opera') && preg_match('#Opera( |/)(Mini|8|9)#', $ua))
to:
C++:
	 else if (self::isBrowsingWith('opera') && preg_match('#Opera( |/)(Mini|8|9\.[0-7])#', $ua))

Could anyone tell how to alert a member of its phrase being quoted? When I use the ordinary quote command

it only generates such phrase with no authors quote address

Thanks

Could anyone tell how to alert a member of its phrase being quoted? When I use the ordinary quote command
You can quote people using the Reply link to the bottom right of each post.
Or instead of quoting, use tag like @Tsotne

Each time, it will send an alert to that member (who has set to receive alert in his preference). Pick one of the two method.

You can quote people using the Reply link to the bottom right of each post.
Or instead of quoting, use tag like @Tsotne

Each time, it will send an alert to that member (who has set to receive alert in his preference). Pick one of the two method.

Oh yes. Thanks Andy

Good in all the way.
3) What do you like most about the new version?

Alert is the most useful thing added since there were occasions earlier when replies or questions to our posts obscured. Now its very useful. Profile informations are also packaged well.

Forgot to say also, I don't remember if the previous version contained the "insert/edit image" and "media" commands in the post textbox. I have used them several times. Makes posting more visually flexible.

If you have iphone/ipad/itouch/Android phone, can you please beta test a mobile app for us?
You can get a FREE version while waiting for our FULL version to be reviewed and approved on the Apple/Android market place. The Free version would allow you to view only, not post.

Would love to hear feedback on how the native app works on Quantnet

How can I get the iPhone Client?

Either search "Forum Runner" in the App Store on your iPhone, or click the link below:
Get Forum Runner Free Version from App Store

How can I get the Android Client?

Either search "Forum Runner" in the Google Market on your Android device, or click the link below:
https://market.android.com/details?id=net.endoftime.android.forumrunner.free

Back