• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

New Quantnet members say hi

Hi

Hello everybody, I am a Volatility Trader , I have an MSc in International Finance with a dissertation about asymmetric effect of volatility using GARCH models and I am the creator of the website www.hypervolatility.com where you can share,read and comments market moves and volatility forecasts.

Hello from Toronto, Canada

Currently I am a senior C++/JAVA developer and working part-time on Financial engineering master in Stevens Institute of Technology (NJ). I have one more elective to go and should graduate in Spring 2011.

I have a lot to learn from all of you.

L

Been lurking for a while, thought I would start posting.

Just switched my major to Finance, and I'm going to go for a MFE when the time comes (my school calls it the MSQF). I've started ordering books to read from the master reading list, can't wait to get started on those.

Hello everyone , I am Rahul , currently pursing my undergrad in Computer Science and i am wanting to do my Masters in Finance Engineering . I am very naive in this field and currently reading the books mentioned in the forum to gain more knowledge about it .

Hello everyone. I am a soon-to-be graduated Ph.D. student in electrical engineering. Undergrad in computer engineering, graduate work more on the physics side of things.

I have had an interest in financial maths and markets for some time. I am also interested in game theory and other economic topics. Application of ML algorithms to finance also interests me (a holdover from my younger days).

Looking to enter the quant world and enjoy the vibrant community. Cheers!

hi

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in pursuing a Masters degree in Financial Engineering in the Fall or Summer of 2012. I've a BS in Electrical Engineering, did a Masters in Telecommunications and pursuing a career in IT/Business Consulting mostly leveraging IT to support an organization's business. I've been looking through the threads for a month or so and I've found it quite informative and have questions of my own now. Would be posting soon and I hope that I can use that information to my advantage to make a sound decision. Thanks again.

Hi from New Zealand

Hello there,

My name is Nick and I live in Auckland, New Zealand. I have been following this site for ages, so I made an account so I could say hello to everybody and thank you all for this great forum!

I am an undergraduate at the University of Auckland, doing a conjoint degree in math and finance. I did my high school in the United States, and who knows, maybe some day I'll return to do a masters... although, to be honest, I think the idea of doing post grad in London seems pretty awesome.

In any case, thanks again everybody, and have a wonderful day!

Regards,
Nick

Hello everyone,
I am a soon to be PhD in Physics, looking for some information on how to make a transition to quant developer. I have a lot to learn, many thanks for creating such a forum.

Hi!

Hello,

I will be graduating with a degree in physics and electrical engineering this fall and really want to get into an MFE program. Hopefully you guys can give me some advice.

Hi everyone,

I am a software developer and computational biologist/bioinformatician looking to apply to an MFE program this year, am very excited and I am glad that the Quantnet community has such a great forum!

need opinion

hi guys
I am currently in my final year of my engineering at IIT Roorkee, INDIA. I would like to do my MS in Financial Engineering. I have got admission into leeds and univeristy of york. How is the program here like? How are the job placements? All I want to get is a decent job after my graduation. Any ideas abt EPFL MFE? It seems to have 6 months manadatory internship. Does it increase the chances of being placed? Plz guys help me out here.

I am Shubhankar Limaye from India. I have recently passed Chartered Accountancy Examination from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (http://www.icai.org). I am also a Graduate of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI). I am pursuing masters degree in economics.

I am currently working as a trainee with a management accountant. I develop small programs in VB.Net to automate routine excel tasks. I am currently learning C#.

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working in a bank in South Korea and plan to take a master degree in financial engineering. I started following this forum a while ago, it's an awesome forum! I really appreciate people in this forum as you guys seems very willing to help each others and share lots of good stuff here. I hope i can join you guys to be a quant in the future. I will ask lots of questons as i'm a super newbie in the quant world. Thanks in advance for your help guys!

Have a great weekend!

Hi!
I'm an undergraduate student in Mathematical Finance, looking for some advice as to which graduate school would be best. I'm mainly interested in trading, particularly of FX, fixed income and derivatives.

Hi folks,
I am from India, and I am interested in pursuing an MFE.
Thanks to Andy, Joy and all others for your fantastic posts, and for all the help you extend to newbies like me.
I've been following Quantnet for quite some time, but just made my first few posts now.

Hi,

My name's Rohan and I'm a graduating student from the NTU MFE program. I've registered because I'm more confused about MFE now than I was before I even took up the course. Hoping to gain some insight.

Regards.

P.S. Andy, I posted a thread regarding Quant Dev on the career forum. I'd appreciate any input you might have on the same as I'm still trying to figure out how the quant world works, something I should have done WAY sooner. :)

Hello everyone,

My name is Rémy, I am currently in France, studying in a French engineering school. I do not know a lot about finance yet but I am learning.
I am coming to the US next year, but I still need to decide whether I should go to the Cornell FE (I have been accepted there) or to the Columbia MSOR where I have been redirected, or to NYU (if I am accepted).

And I just want to thank Andy and everyone giving advice here, it's a great website !!

Back