• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYC Drinks - QuantNet meet up?

Joy Pathak

Swaptionz
Would NY and NY area MFE students and Quantnet members be interested in a meet up in the city to just hang out,talk shop and network?
Post here if you would be interested in getting together for some drinks on the weekend (fri or sat). Does not have to be this weekend. We can probably figure out a weekend that fits most of us.

Somewhere Mid-town probably.

EDIT:

So it has been finalized that there will be a QuantNet meet up on Aprl 2nd in Mid-town NYC. More details forthcoming.

This is all the interest? I figured everyone would jump on an event like this especially during internship/recruiting season.

I would like to but I am currently in revision mode and up to my eyes in the day job as well.
However host an event in May (maybe you could hve a monthly meet-up?) and I would most definitely enjoy the day/evening out in the city.

t
I would like to but I am currently in revision mode and up to my eyes in the day job as well.
However host an event in May (maybe you could hve a monthly meet-up?) and I would most definitely enjoy the day/evening out in the city.

That is the potential plan depending on how many people come out. Having a monthly meet-up/drinks event in the city.

Joy - sounds a great idea. I can always jump Metro-north into Grand Central, so once I get May out of the way you can count me in.

Joy - sounds a great idea. I can always jump Metro-north into Grand Central, so once I get May out of the way you can count me in.

I will be moving to CT end of May so I am sure I will be looking for several opportunities to get back to the city. HaHa

Alright. So would people like this weekend or next? I say March 26th just because this saturday might be a bit too early for some people.

i just spent my entire spring break slaving over annoying time series problems and studying for midterms so a break is in order. i am across the country but wouldnt mind taking a weekend off and spending a day with my dad in nyc and hanging out with you fine folk when the sun goes down. given my non mfe student status, not sure i am welcome or allowed to mingle with the chosen elite however, if us poor math majors are allowed into the folds of a quantnet meet and greet, we could truly show you how socially awkward we can be.

also a set date might help with travel plans. i figure i might be the only one flying in but one would assume a date would need to be set even for the locals.

hanging out with you fine folk when the sun goes down.
I do not want to imagine what will go down in this picture ;)
Everyone is welcome regardless as long as you are at a legal drinking age. We have no social status whatsoever and I would personally hate to join some community if the look down on new comers or outsiders. Not going to happen here.

Back