• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE NYU Courant v.s Standford FM v.s Princeton MFin

Could anyone give me some clue about the comparison among these three programs?
In terms of program focus, career path and so on.
Thanks.

What have you concluded so far after all the research/finding?
I think Stanford's is more phd-oriented and the knowledge is more theoretical, but my friend in NYU said the reputation of Stanford MFM is not good in the US. what's your opinion?

I wouldn't put too much stock into what one person has to say about reputation of another program he does not attend. Reputation is subjective and it should never be the main criteria of choosing a program.
Find out the things you will receive: the training, the alumni network, mentoring support, the career services. Find out your strength and weakness and how the programs will complement or help you overcome them.
These are the important things that will determine your professional success.

If you don't focus on this, you are just spinning your wheels and making mistakes like many have done before.

Another main thing is, location does matter a lot. Probably the entry level opportunities after graduation are more or less same in all three. But they would most probably be close to the area in which the university is.
After 4-5 years you might not really have as many different options to move to for a better role, in west coast as you would in east coast.
You should also consider what your preferences are on long run.
For some, living on west coast/east coast has higher precedence over other things.

Back