• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE online courses CQF vs Carnegie Mellon MSCF

Hi,

though i am inclined more towards CMU's MSCF but here are some of my points for comparison. I came to know about this course recently.
- last date for application at CMU is 23rd April. (1 month to go)
- need to give GMAT and TOEFL scores. (I dont know if 1 month is enough for preparing GMAT + TOEFL along with my work - whats the fastest time? GMAT pill courses seems to offer preparation within 1 month..dont think with work its easy )
- I don't know about the selection process at CMU for online courses. What is the ratio of admits ( i am expecting its easier in case of online course .. or is it same as a on campus course?)

any thoughts?

regards,
AJ

looks like i didn't explore the site properly. i got most of the information from this site only :(
i came to a conclusion that it will be very difficult to apply for the online degree course this year. (assuming that i am not sure if i willg et the admission or not). i dont want to wait another year .. i am going to persue other courses this year.

couple of other things to consider-

1. Cost of the online MSCF course (It's almost the same as that of FT course)
2. I am not sure how would recruiters/hiring manager consider the online degree compared to FT

my two cents... before putting your eggs on an online education, CQF or MSCF, seriously consider onsite education first if your objective to to get into the industry. the value of being able to network with fellow students and your professors is invaluable. However I can see the merits on an online education if you are already working in the field and just want to update your knowledge.

Back