• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Python Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hello everybody and happy new year!

Objective: Prepare for MFE and enhance my coding abilities in Python

Programming Experience: Some Python, R and SQL

Work Experience: 5 years working in Risk Management

Intended Pace of Program: Finish the programme in time, while gaining the most from it

Objective: Be able to create an semi-esoteric asset based lending product as part of my job.

Programming Experience: Very basic python experience. Really just enough to find some operational efficiencies in prior roles and create useful tools for underwriting in my current role.

Work Experience: ~2 years across a venture debt fund (Credit role) and some insurance underwriting experience.

Intended Pace of Program: effectively learn, as quick as I can. I do not want to just get through the materials for the sake of speed.

Objective: To become proficient in Python for writing and back-testing trading algorithms

Programming Experience: VBA and some basic C++

Work Experience: 6 years in equity research on the sellside and 1.5 years on the buyside

Intended Pace of Program: Planning to dedicate significant time to the course and finish as soon as possible

Objective: To become proficient in Python for general data analysis tasks, as well as backtesting of equity strategies inc. signal construction, portfolio construction & optimization

Programming Experience: a bit of Matlab & Python mainly around systematic equity strategies

Work Experience: 6 years in quantamental role at long/short equity hedge fund, 6 years sell-side equity research

Intended Pace of Program: Planning to dedicate 5 hours per week

Hi All,

Objective: Become familiar with Python.
Programming Experience: Some basics with CSS, Java
Work Experience: no
Intended Pace of Program: My goal is to finish this course in 12 weeks

Back