• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

QuantLib or Boost?

Curious about ---- which is more used for quant jobs? Or combining both?

My original understanding is Boost is a general lib, but Quantlib is specific to FE, but didn't know that Boost is required by QuantLib. I just begin learning how to implement C++ in finance......so, a newbie question :)

Indeed, the final goal of my question is not how to plot in C++. Instead, I mean, after you use C++ calculated numerical results, such as arrays x[] and y[], how did you visualize y~x? such as something like plot(x,y)?

send the data out and plot it with some other tool

So, write data from C++ to a data file, then plot with excel, matlab, gnuplot ........good idea! why I havn't think about this, damn! :)

When an artist paints, he always put a mirror before the board. Even though he paints on the board, he watch on the mirror to see his painting.

Just kidding. What I mean is, plotting inside C++ would be more convenient. For example, if I use C++ to calculate LIBOR curve. I often need to see the calculated curve in order to see whether there is a coding bug.

Back