• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quantnet MFE Application Tracker

I'd like to introduce the new and unique Quantnet feature that will allow applicants to keep track of their application progress. This will provide prospective students a valuable tool to have a realistic idea of the process.

QuantNetwork - Financial Engineering Forum - Application Tracker

Suggestion is welcome and I encourage past, current and prospective students to populate the dataset with their timelines. Please spread the word.

Nice addition to the website Andy -- this will mitigate some information asymmetry among MFE program admissions, demystify the process somewhat, and hopefully reduce the overall level of stress and clutter-posts among prospective applicants come the next admissions cycle.

pretty cool, but you should definitely allow people to keep things private if they choose.

Will have an option to make a case public/private. This feature is a custom script built for Quantnet so it's basically running on beta now. I got inspiration for this after using something similar in the past for a different purpose.

I've seen a need for this kind of service and I hope Quantnet will provide just that: some transparency to various MFE programs.
The next round of MFE deadline is just around the corner so let's hope the old saying is true "if we build it, they will come".

This is a nice feature. One of the things you can do is to assign a number to each application and then in the status display show the assigned number instead of the name/username. This way you can maintain the privacy issue and still display all the applications.

who is going to update the status? From the app, it looks like the user needs to update the status himself. If that is the case, IMHO, this app is close to useless since you know when and how long it has been since you applied, got your interview, etc.

It could be useful if a lot of people update their status so other users can check the progress of the applications to a given school. If you keep that data private, then it is completely useless for sure.

This is a user collaboration app so you can't have success without individual contribution. Talking as someone who used a similar app in the past, it's very valuable to see if my case is falling behind the normal processing time.

Majority of applicants apply to a few programs each year, each program takes a few months from start to finish so this requires user's updates over a long period of time.

As for the privacy issue, there will be an option to mask identity if they choose. The data will all be there without the others knowing whose case it belongs to.

Now, we just need to reach a critical mass for this to take off. And I would love for y'all to help me.

if the user id is masked, that will solve the privacy issue and, as I said, user participation is the key!!!

There are also people currently applying to Berkeley and UCLA.

It would be a good idea to team up with different schools to have an official progress of sorts. This is just an idea. I haven't really thought this thing out.

This is a nice feature. One of the things you can do is to assign a number to each application and then in the status display show the assigned number instead of the name/username. This way you can maintain the privacy issue and still display all the applications.

if the user id is masked, that will solve the privacy issue and, as I said, user participation is the key!!!
The privacy option is now added :dance:
Hope to see more cases added to the tracker soon.

Hi,
I am here to inquire about financial engineering and risk analytics program at Lally School of Management, Rensselaer Polytechnic Insitute, Troy, NY.

Timeline: 1 month

Back