• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Question on MFE placements/ DEShaw

Hi,

This question just popped up in my mind...

Does DEShaw recruit from any MFE programs (or MBA programs otherwise)?

Thanks

They prefer Non-MBA program students. They recruit hard from math departments and engineering. I think Columbia is one of their targets, atleast I would assume so since the owner is former columbia prof.

-From what I have read ....- I don't know personally.

The founder is no longer at DE Shaw - he is now doing research in computational chemistry and high performance computing.

They prefer Non-MBA program students. They recruit hard from math departments and engineering. I think Columbia is one of their targets, atleast I would assume so since the owner is former columbia prof.

-From what I have read ....- I don't know personally.

...atleast I would assume so since the owner is former columbia prof.

never assumed anything. Odds are you might be wrong. I had an old boss who used to say when you assume you make an "A$$(of)U(and)ME".

Back